𝓪𝓬𝓽 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓻𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷-𝓱𝓮 𝓲𝓼 𝓷𝓸𝓽 𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮

“House Velaryon!”
The gate opened revealing Rhaenys followed by Raella with her younger brothers, Lucerys and Joffrey, and the entire court of Driftmark behind them.
“Princess Raella Velaryon, future consort of Prince Aemond Targaryen, alongside her brothers Prince Lucerys Velaryon and Prince Joffrey Velaryon.”
The girl lifted the corner of her mouth, watching as everyone gathered in the great hall rise from their chairs and started clapping right after the squire's announcement.

Rhaenys smiled and walked slowly down the alley. Raella let go of Luke's hand.
“Princess Rhaenys Targaryen, Lady of Driftmark, standing in for her husband, the Lord of the Tides, Corlys Velaryon the Sea Serpent!”
Rhaenys finally made it to the King's table.  Daemon and Rhaenyra smiled as they made eye contact with their daughter.  Jace stared at his brother.

Raella and her brothers curtsied.  Then Aemond got up and, as it was agreed, went down to the bride.  Raella gave him her hand to which he put his lips.
“Beloved.”
“Sweetheart.”
He bowed his head slightly.  They went down to the dance floor to start the feast with the first dance.  Daemon winked at Raella as her gaze landed on him.

Raella stood in front of Aemond smiling as the first notes resounded in the hall.

That was when the beginning of the end began.

A red star will ignite when two flames join in the night.

Raella continued to dance, only pausing very rarely to take a drink and ask her mother, father, grandmother and younger brothers if everything was all right.  Viserys and Aegon were present though they were very young children.  Raella just left the dance floor to stroke and cuddle them to give the babysitter a rest for a moment.

Her hair was pinned up high, just like her mother's pin up for the opening ceremony of her wedding to her father. The dress was white, mottled with gold trimmings.

Raella was chattering to Viserys as Aemond walked by. He stopped for a moment looking at his soon-to-be wife and baby in his arms.

He dreamed that such a scene would be repeated with their child.  He approached her and little Viserys, who began to reach out his hands at the sight of him.  Raella giggled.
“He seems to like you. Will you take him?”
Aemond glanced at her, panicked.
“Better not.”
Raella tilted her head.
“Why?”
Aemon shook his head.

“Raella.”
Daemon came up behind his daughter and placed his hands on her shoulders.  Raella turned around smiling.  Daemon lifted the corner of his mouth, rubbing first her cheek, then his son.  He took it from Raella and hugged it lightly as Viserys snuggled against his chest.

Raella walked away a little towards Aemond, looking at her father and brother. Down, Aegon began to sob. Raella crouched down, speaking reassuringly to him.

Aemond watched a seemingly ordinary family interaction, yet completely foreign to him.  His father didn't hug him the way Daemon did, and his siblings never spoke to him with such tenderness as Raella did to little Aegon she was now cradling.

After some time, the nanny said that the children were getting moody and it was time to take them to the chamber.  Raella waved them goodbye and dragged Aemond back onto the dance floor. Aemond smiled slightly at her as a new melody began, and the partners circled their partners from time to time, stopping and slapping their hands on their knees.

Raella looked at her surroundings at the same time. She made eye contact with Criston standing under the column. She lifted the corner of her mouth, and he nodded to her.  The music began to speed up and change partners. Aemond finally got tired and went to the table for a drink.  Aegon, of course, had to argue with him a bit, but something interrupted them.