I

It's the year 1993 and in Montana lives a girl along with her uncle and their friends. Maybe she's the youngest of the diggers in there, however she's one of the brighest ones and that's something for a 7-year-old. 

Holding a brush in her hand, Jane laid on her stomach next to her uncle while using the brush to sweep the dirt away from the skeleton of dinosaur they're digging. She's by the head and arms, working on it's claws and one happened to be right at the place where she's brushing. Hurrying up, when the long claw of this skeleton poped out, Jane carefully picked it up and turned to her uncle and their friend.

"Uncle, Ellie, look. This is one looong claw." The called ones lifted their heads to look at the working child, grinning ear to ear when their eyes landed on what Jane dug by herself. 

"Good job, Jay." Ellie praised the girl she sees as her own child. If Ellie wanted, she would adopt Jane right away. But Alan is her guardian now, he's the one his brother wanted to take care of his child. Jane's parents died at car crash when she was only 3 and as Alan promised to his brother and sister-in-law, he took care of Jane since then.

Everyone know Alan is not fond of children and were surprised when he came back to Montana with his niece. And yes, Alan will gladly admit he don't want children near him, although Jane is exception. Since Jane was born, her biggest and maybe even only interest were dinosaurs. Even her first word was dinosaur! (Jane's mother then scolded her husband for letting their daughter be too much around Alan) 

Compared to other children, Jane is one of those wise and intelligent ones. She's not nerd but yes, she has mostly A' in school. Maybe Jane just started school, but she study hard to make it to good high school that can quide her to be a paleontologist, like her uncle, or paleobotanic, like Ellie. That's her dream work. If dinosaurs were living in this century, she would study to be a trainer or animal behaviorist or someone that can work with dinosaurs. But dinosaurs are extinct and there her dream fall. So her best opinion is to follow in her uncle's footsteps. 

And Alan admire her for that. Even now she's his little helper. First time he started teaching her to dig fossils was on her birthday when she turned 3, and she claimed it as the best gift ever. Until now it never stopped being fun for her and is eager to help her uncle in almost everything. 

"Yeah, good job. And can you tell me which dinosaur do you think it is?" Jane's uncle examined the claw, passing it to Ellie who is on his right and turned his head to Jane, who tilted her head.

"I have an idea which one is it." After giving a glance at the claw, Jane answered.

"And which one?" Alan grinned. Right as Jane wanted to answer him, a man whose name Jane always forget called for them.

"Dr. Grant, Dr. Sattler, we're ready to try again." This information made Alan's smile fall and he stood up annoyed, along with Ellie and Jane.

"I hate computers." He muttered and Ellie wrapped a red bandana around his neck, adding in. "The feeling's mutual." And the three of them walked down after the man. Jane stood by the man sitting behind computer and watched the screen, other workers including Ellie and Alan joining them.

"Did it work? How long does this take?" Asking, Ellie bend to take a better look. 

"Should bring an immediate return. You shoot the radar into the ground, and the bone bounces the image back. Bounces it back... This new program is incredible. A few more years' development and we won't even have to dig anymore." The man tapped something and slowly on the screen began showing bones of the skeleton they're digging. 

"Where's the fun in that?" Jane giggled at her uncle's remark, quietly agreeing with him.

"It's a little, but I don't think it's the computer." The man continued and Ellie moved closer, pointing at the screen. "Post-mortem contraction of the posterior ligaments."