IV

A plate was placed on the table where Jane sat. She gave the food judging look, not finding it looking twice times good. She don't even wanna know what it contains. Her and Ellie shared a disgusted look, deciding to ignore how it looks and try it at least. Like people say, don't judge book by it's cover.

"None of these attractions are ready yet, but the park will open with the basic tour you are about to take, and the other rides will come on-line six or twelve months after that. Absolutely spectacular designs. Spared no expense." While poking the wierd looking food Jane listened to the conversation adults have and shut her eyes to not let them see her rolling eyes at the lawyer and his obsession with money. 

"Donald, let him talk. There's no reason, I want to hear every viewpoint." Hammond stopped the lawyer from interrupting Ian and gave him room to give his opinion.

"Don't you see the danger, John, inherent in what you're doing here? Genetic power's the most awesome force the planet ever seen but you wield it like a kid that's found his dad's gun. If I may. I'll tell you the problem with the scientific power you're using here. It didn't require any discipline to attin it. You read what others had done and you took the next step. You didn't earn the knowledge for yourself so you don't take any responsibility for it. You stood on the shoulders of geniuses to accomplish something as fast as you could. And before you even knew what you had, you patented it, and packaged it and slapped it on a plastic lunch box, and now you're selling it." Jane jumped when Ian started hitting the table, putting down the fork as she hadn't even put anything into her mouth and won't. She's picky person when it comes to food.

"I don't think you're giving us our due credit. Our scientists have done things which nobody has ever done before." 

"Yeah, yeah. But your scientists were so preoccupied with whether they could  they didn't stop to think if they should." The black clothed man continued giving his opinion, pointing out every thing he's thinking and explaining it. Jane zoned out into her thoughts, thinking about what's still expecting them on this island and what could possibly go wrong. She was snapped out of it when her uncle snapped his fingers before her eyes, bringing her back. He was about to ask her something but Hammond was sonner after Ellie gave her opinion.

"Dr. Grant. If there's one person who could appreciate what I am trying to do." The Grant niece and uncle shared a look.

"The world has just changed to radically and we're all running to catch up. I don't want to jump to any conclusions, but dinosaurs and man , two species separated by 65 million years of evolution have just been suddenly thrown back into the mix together. How can we possibly have the slighest idea what to expect?" After Alan's opinion, Hammond look like he's offended. 

"I don't believe it. You're mean to come here and defend me against these characters and the only one I've got on my side is the blood-sucking lawyer." Everyone heard the sarcasm in Hammonds voice but it seems the lawyer did not.

"Thank you." Jane facepalmed at this man.

"And what about you, Jane, what do you think about this park?" Jane was surprised when Hammond shifted his attention to her and asked for her opinion. That's for first time someone care about what is a kid thinking beside Alan and Ellie. Ready to tell her thoughts out loudly, she had no time to even open her mouth to talk as a man came into the room and to Hammond, whispering something to him.

Hammond smiled happily and stood up. "Be happy, Jane. You won't be the only young one between adults anymore." Everyone looked around confused, however no one is as confused as Jane is. She hope he don't mean what she thinks he mean.

🦕

"You four are gonna have a spot of company out in the park. Spend a little time with our target audience." The five followed Hammond down the stairs, still as confused when they left the room.