VIII

"Rexy?! Rexy!" Jane've been calling for her new dinosaur friend since she woke up, which is not a long ago. When Jane woke up, Rexy wasn't with her anymore and had to think hard if what happened at night was only a dream or it actually happened. It felt too real to be a dream. Now Jane is walking around the jungle, looking for the t-rex she made friends with. The sun shone down at her, giving her a light and warmht she needed. At least now she can see everything properly, at night it was hard to orient yourself. 

Still through her head ran questions from last night. Why didn't the raptor and Rexy kill her? They had an opportunity but they did nothing. The raptor left while Rexy decided to make friends with the human. However there seems to be no one that could answer her questions. 

"Rexy, where are you?!" Jane called once again, reminding to herself that she's not alone in this jungle. The power is probably still out and anything can jump at her that don't have to let her live like the raptor and Rexy did. She gave up trying to call for her new friend and decided to find a way out of this paddock and hope to bumb into some human, the best to be someone she know. 

After what felt like forever Jane smiled happily when she came across a high fence. Her way out. The warning lights are out so the power is probably still out. Won't know if she don't try. She picked up a twig and threw it at the fence. Nothing happened. She was about to climb up the barrier when familiar voice she missed past these hours called her name.

"Jay! Jay!" Before she could turn fully, Jane was scooped into her uncle's arms. He hugged her little body tightly, even letting few tears out.

"My little Jay. Thank god you're alive. You're never leaving my side again, you understand?" Jane was more than happy to nod, eager to get away from this island with her family. 

"I missed you, uncle Alan." The smaller Grant mumbled into the older Grant's neck, hugging back tight.

"I missed you too, Jay." Alan breath out back, pulling away to look at her dirty face. They all are dirty, so shower will be nice to get. "Let's get out of here." Jane nodded once again and Alan put her down. Right after she was brought into another group hug by the two other kids.

"The power is probably still out when I tried to throw a twig at the fence." Jane told her uncle in the hug, taking deep breath when Tim and Lex let go. They squeezed the life out of her. 

"Really? Well, let's see." Alan climbed the barrier and the kids watched as he grabbed onto the fence, shaking and screaming which scared both Tim and Lex as they screamed, afraid Alan is being electrified. Jane rolled her eyes at the attempt of joke, not keeping herself from smiling. When Alan stopped shaking, he gave them cheeky smirk.

"That's not funny."

"That was great." Jane gave both Lex and Tim 'are you serious' look. Alan tried to find another way than climbing but Rexy's roar told otherwise.

"Ah, there you are." Jane turned the way it came from, wanting to follow it to get to Rexy.

"Jay, come on!" Her friends called for her, snapping her from going after Rexy. 

"Oh, right. Monkey time." And she started climbing after them, being the last one. She was careful with her steps, making sure she won't let go and fall while taking her sweet time. The power is out, it's okay. 

SIKEEEEE

Alarm suddenly went off and the warning lights light up, warning them. It disturbed her and she lost her foot, almost falling down if she wasn't holding tight. Alan, Lex and Tim are already on the ground but Jane. 

"Get down now!"

"You're gonna have to jump, Jay." Jane looked down at her uncle like he grew two heads.