Working in The Library

Jimmy's Perspective-

Jimmy walked into the Owlery at break.

There were many school owls.

Some asleep, others cleaning their feathers.

Jimmy looked around and finally found his owl, Matt.

He tied the scroll onto Matt's leg and watched him as he flew off.

He could only imagine his parent's reactions.

Jimmy had told his parents about what house he was in, though he knew Lizzie must've already told them.

Even though the owl had flown out of sight, Jimmy stood in the Owlery, frozen with fear.

They might even send a Howler.

Jimmy then sighed and turned around.

Guess I could get some work done.

Professor Snape had assigned the class an essay about Polyjuice potions since Scott had answered incorrectly in class that day.

He walked up to his common room, dragging his feet as he thought about his parent's response.

"Hufflepuff?! Hufflepuff! How did you get in Hufflepuff?! We expected you to get in Slytherin like your sister, or at least Ravenclaw."

His stomach ached and he felt like crawling up into a ball and crying.

"Jimmy? Are you okay?"

Jimmy looked up and saw Scott.

Scott was holding a letter and Jimmy assumed that he was on his way to the Owlery.

"Oh uh- h-hey Scott!" Jimmy put on a smile.

"What's wrong? You look like you're about to throw up."

"I feel like it."

Scott chuckled, "Are you going back to your common room?"

Jimmy nodded, "I'm guessing you're headed up to Owlery. Need some help? I was just there."

Scott smiled, "That'd be great! Etho told me the directions but then his boyfriend walked by and he got distracted."

Jimmy laughed.

"It's just up here, come on!" Jimmy grabbed Scott's hand and led him upstairs.

-

"Thanks Ember." Scott said to his owl as he tied the letter to her leg.

He then pet his owl's wings before sending her off.

"And thanks Jim." Scott turned to face Jimmy.

"I'm sorry about getting us assigned an essay in potions." Scott said, fidgeting with his hands and flushing red, "I was just stupid. I don't know why I'm in Ravenclaw."

"Well, you're in Ravenclaw because you're smart."

Scott rolled his eyes, "Yeah right. You saw me in that class. I sucked. I'm not smart at this stuff."

"You'll get better! Besides, you just got the books, it takes practice and reviewing!" Jimmy smiled.

Scott smiled back, "Guess we should get going. I need to start that essay."

"Want to work together?" Jimmy pitched, "We can work in the library, and I can help a bit since I know a bit about potions from my parents."

Scott's face lit up, "S-sure! That'd be fun!"

They then picked up their things and walked to the library.

They sat down at a table and took out parchment, ink, their quills, and their textbooks.

"Alright, Polyjuice potions can change people's appearances." Jimmy wrote down.

Scott flipped open his book and was surprised to see that Jimmy was correct.

"You should be in Ravenclaw, not me." Scott said, copying down the definition.

"Stop saying that!" Jimmy laughed, bumping into his friend softly, "You're smart. That's why the Sorting Hat put you in Ravenclaw."

Scott didn't seem to believe the words that Jimmy said but nodded.

Eventually,
"Alright, done!" Scott smiled as he finished the final sentence.

Jimmy looked down at his own.

"Dammit, I still have half a page to go."

Scott laughed, "You did spend half the time staring off in space instead of working."

Scott then looked at his watch and sighed.

"Better get going. Thanks for helping me!"

Jimmy got up and he and Scott stared packing up their things.

Jimmy wanted to hang out more with Scott but then the girl from potions appeared out of nowhere.

"Hey Jim! Sorry for bothering you in Potions earlier." The girl mumbled before smiling.

Scott looked confused to she added,
"I'm Kelly."

A bit of red appeared around her cheeks when Jimmy returned the smile.

"Scott." Scott waved.

Kelly nodded, "Yep, you're in my potions class. Speaking of which, I have to finish that essay, have you guys done it yet?"

Scott's stomach tied itself into a knot from embarrassment.

"Yeah, we just finished. If you want when we go back to the common room I can help you."

Jimmy offered and Kelly turned a bit pinker.

"Y-yeah! That'd be great! Thanks!"

"Well, bye Scott, nice hanging out with you."

Jimmy waved goodbye to Scott and left with Kelly.