Third Year

Jimmy's Perspective

"Okay Jim, go find your friends." Lizzie said as she sat down across from Scar and Grian.

Scott looked at the compartment next to Lizzie's and saw that it was empty.

"I'm gonna be here." He said and Lizzie nodded.

Just then, Joel walked by.

He was carrying his trunk and broom stick, smiling with his newly dyed hair.

Well, just one streak of green, he's worried that if he dyes it all green it wouldn't look good.

"Hey Jim! Good summer?"

"Yeah, you?"

"Eh, it was okay. Er- is Liz with you?"

Jimmy rolled his eyes, though he was smiling, "She's in the next compartment." He jerked his head behind him.

"Thanks bud." Joel said, walking over and sitting next to Lizzie.

Jimmy sat down by himself, and he sighed, closing his eyes.

He heard Scar crack a joke and everyone laugh.

"Do you just wanna find an empty compartment?"

"There's one- oh, hey Jim!"

Jimmy opened his eyes at the familiar Scottish voice and he saw Scott and Tom.

"Hey guys."

They sat down and started chatting.

"So, are Grian and Scar dating?" Tom asked.

"Pretty sure, why?"

"I saw Grian before we boarded the train, and he was talking with Scar. He seemed really upset. I think he was... crying? I'm not sure. Scar hugged him and I heard him say something about him always being with Grian." Scott said.

Jimmy nodded, "Yeah, Scar's in his 7th year so Grain must be a bit shaken about being at school without his boyfriend."

"Hm." Scott hummed.

"Is every compartment full?"

Scott, Tom, and Jim poked their heads out.

Jimmy smiled and waved at the girl who had her trunk.

There was a woman who was checking every compartment.

"Excuse me boys, is there room for one more? Ms. Syfil here doesn't have a compartment."

"Yeah sure!" Jimmy said.

"There you go dear." The woman said before leaving.

Kelly sat down next to Tom and smiled nervously.

"Hey Kelly!" Jimmy said kindly, "Have a good summer?"

"Yeah actually!" Kelly said, "I got a cat!"

"Really! How come you never told me?" Jimmy asked.

"I thought I mentioned him in one of my letters..." Kelly said, thinking, "I guess not."

"What's your cats name?" Tom asked.

"Puffins. He's a tuxedo cat."

"Aww. That's really cute."

"Oh yeah, and sorry about your birthday present." Jimmy said, "Mom and dad didn't let me use the owl."

Jimmy then rummaged around in his trunk.

He pulled out a light blue moonstone necklace.

"Here." He gave it to Kelly who blushed.

"Thank you so much!" She squealed, hugging Jimmy.

He laughed, a bit of red patches appearing on his cheeks.

Scott looked upset and got in a conversation with Tom.

"Wow." Kelly said breathlessly as she put on the necklace, "This is so nice."

"I'm glad you like it! Lizzie helped me figure out which stone you are based on your birthday month."

"Aww, I would've been fine with a card."

"Nah, I wanted to get you something. Besides, you got me something." Jimmy showed his friend the bracelet he had on his wrist.

It was a bracelet that had three different shades of green string and a silver cod charm.

"You don't have to wear it."

"Yeah, but it's my favorite animal."

She giggled and then turned her attention to Tom and Scott.

They all started to talk about Quidditch and how Scar and Joel were easily the best people on the Hufflepuff team.

-

"Ready for sorting?" Kelly asked Jimmy as they sat down.

"It always takes forever." Jimmy groaned, watching as Scott and Tom sat down at their table.

"Hey Jim." Joel said, sitting down, "Excited for the new year?"

"Eh. Just classes."

"And Quidditch. You should try out for the team." Joel said, elbowing Jimmy.

"No."

"Come on. We need another beater. You could do it with me! Or Seeker and Chaser. A lot of our team graduated so we need more people."

"Jim you should try out!"

"Same with you Kelly!" Joel said, but Kelly shook her head.

"I don't have a broom."

"The school can provide some. Jim, do you have a broom?"

"Yeah."

"Great!" Joel patted his back, "I'd really like to see you try out for our team."

"Joel."

Joel shut up and turned around to face Etho.

Etho was in his 7th year and was now Head Boy of Ravenclaw.

"Joel, you need to shut up." Etho hissed before sitting back down at his end of the table.

Joel rolled his eyes and shut up, watching the sorting.

Later-

Jimmy yawned as he collapsed on his bed.

"Next year you're not going to have Jellie." Scar said as he laid down on the bunk below Jimmy's.

"I know, it sucks." Jimmy said, "I'll miss Jellie the same way Grian will miss you."

Scar nodded sadly, "Yeah, I'm going to miss him. But I'll write to him, keep in touch. So by the time he gets out of school, we have a stable life."

"Aww, that's sweet. Are you gonna pursue with Quidditch?"

"Maybe. I'm still figuring it out." Scar sighed, "But it's going to work out."

Jellie purred as she rubbed up against her owners' legs.

Scar picked her up and rubbed behind her ears, "Speaking of Quidditch, are you gonna join the team? Joel mentioned you might."

"Oh...I'm not sure."

"You got a broomstick?"

"Yeah."

"Then I expect to see you for try outs next week."