Heartbreak

Scott's Perspective-

"S-she was right!" Scott sobbed into Tom's arms.

Tom was hugging him and trying to calm him down.

They still went to Hogsmeade. Tom thought Scott might cheer up seeing it.

Right now, they were in the Three Broomsticks, two cups of warm Butterbeer in front of them.

"Who was?" Tom asked gently.

"P-Professor Trelawney!"

"How?"

"She p-predicted I would get h-heartbroken!"

Tom rubbed Scott's back in a soothing way and Scott continued to cry.

"I can't b-believe it. J-Jimmy was s-straight. I was l-living a lie."

"But he seems like he would be bi or pan."

"It doesn't m-matter. He likes K-Kelly. I should've k-known by the way he l-looks at her. I don't s-stand a chance."

"Here, have some Butterbeer. Cheer up. Then I think we should walk around, get some fresh air."

Scott sniffed and drank some Butterbeer.

It warmed him up, but his heart was still cold and dead.

They finished their drinks in silence and left.

"How about we go into Honeydukes?" Tom recommended.

Scott hiccupped and shook his head.

"I just wanna go home."

Tom bit his lip and sighed, "Fine. If you wanna go back up to the castle, then you can. But I'm still gonna buy you something."

Scott nodded and started the walk back to the castle alone.

Each step made the cracks in his heart larger and deeper.

It seemed as though all the joy was taken out of it.

Hogsmeade, the once colorful and joyful place seemed as though it was dead and gray.

-

"Scott? What are you doing back here?"

Scott looked up from his book and saw Etho walk into the Common Room which was mostly empty.

"Why aren't you down at Hogsmeade?"

Scott shrugged, "I wanted to come back here. Why're you here?"

"I didn't want to go to Hogsmeade. Gets a bit tiring after the years of going there. Besides, Bdubs was staying so why not."

Scott nodded, his heart aching at the news of Etho's healthy relationship.

"Is everything alright?" Etho asked on a more serious note.

"Yep. Fine."

"Are you sure? I'm pretty smart, I can help."

"It's not homework I'm struggling on."

"Well then...what?" Etho asked, sitting across from Scott in front of the blazing fire.

"It's just..." Scott sighed, looking into the fire which was highlighting the tears in his eyes, "I got rejected."

"Oh, Scott...I'm so sorry."

"It's fine." Scott said, chuckling lightly, "Really."

"It's not though. I remember when I got my heartbroken."

"Really?" Scott asked, looking at Etho, "Bdubs rejected you?"

Etho smiled sincerely into the fire, as if remembering the way he felt, "Yeah."

"What?!" Scott gasped.

Etho laughed, "Only few know this story so don't tell anyone."

Scott nodded, eager to hear more.

"We were in our third year, and it was the trip to Hogsmeade that's in December. I wanted to ask Bdubs out since I thought it would be cute. You know, the towns all decorated and festive for Christmas, snows on the ground, it would be the perfect time for us to get together."

"And?"

"Well, he rejected me. We were good friends at the time, and he said he just wanted to keep it at that. He said he didn't really like anyone."

"Really?"

Etho nodded, "You can ask him if you want."

"So what happened next?"

"Well, I got rejected. I was heartbroken. I had liked him since our second year and boom. Just like that. My friends Mumbo and Xisuma came through though."

"Who?"

"Mumbo's captain of the Ravenclaw Quidditch team and Xisuma graduated last year."

Scott nodded.

"So my friends really helped. Told me that it just wasn't meant to be. It came as a big shock when next year rolled around and for the Hogsmeade trip in December, Bdubs had asked me out."

"What'd you say?!"

Etho smiled and blushed, "Yes."

Scott smiled as well, "That's really sweet."

Etho laughed and patted Scott's back, "I hope it works out for you. I'd say, don't lose hope."

"But the guy I like is dating someone else dating."

"Are you sure?"

Scott nodded, "I saw them together. They said they were going out together. I don't stand a chance."

"I'm sure you do. The world works in mysterious ways. Even if they are dating, I'd say to still believe. Don't talk yourself down. I did, and it turned into some of the worse moments in my life."

"Did you believe Bdubs would ever like you?"

Etho shrugged, "I kind of gave up on him, but my crush on him would never leave. No matter how hard I tried. No matter how much I told myself I didn't stand a chance. I talked myself down. Some days were really upsetting since I talked myself down so much. That's why I don't want you to give up so soon. Maybe there is a chance."

Just then the portrait opened, and Tom walked in.

Etho nodded and smiled at Scott before walking up to the boy's dorm.

Tom walked over and sat down across from Scott.

"What was Etho talking to you about?"

"What it's like getting rejected." Scott smiled sincerely.

=========================
You guys excited for the next chapter?? Quidditch! Next week! Because I already posted two chapters today!

I hope you all have a good day and have a nice spring break!