Losing in Life

Jimmy's Perspective-

Two Weeks Later; Beginning of January-

Jimmy walked down to the field.

"Alright guys, you got this. Slytherin is a bit harder, but it's nothing we can't handle." Scar had said, "Now let's show 'em who we are!"

"Captains, shake hands!" Madam Hooch called.

Scar and the Slytherin captain, Lilith, shook hands.

Lilith was one of the beaters, and she was in her 7th year. She was known for her fast beaters, causing the other team to mess up and for the Slytherins to get the snitch.

She normally attacks the Seekers when they start to dive for the snitch, so Jimmy had to watch out.

"Mount your brooms!"

Jimmy mounted his broom, taking deep breaths.

The whistle blew and they all shot up into the air.

"Slytherin against Hufflepuff!" Lizzie's voice boomed on the speakers, "We'll see if the Hufflepuff Seeker is up to the Slytherin Beater."

The Slytherins cheered as the Hufflepuffs gave Jimmy worried looks.

Jimmy started circling above the map.

The Slytherin Seeker, Pearl, was right behind him.

Jimmy had recognized her, as she had told Lizzie to go outside of the Slytherin Common Room since Jimmy wanted to talk to her.

"You know," Pearl said as she sped up to talk to Jimmy, "I was sure you were a nice kid who made the backup Hufflepuff Seeker. Well, too bad you're gonna get beat up. Either by me, or Lilith."

Pearl sped ahead, laughing at Jimmy's scared look.

"Ooh!" Lizzie said, wincing, "Lora took a bad hit there. Slytherin Chaser Jack is racing down the field."

Jimmy turned his attention down to watch his team struggle.

"Joel sends a beater her way- she dodges! Shoots! Scar tries to save but MISSES!"

The rest of Lizzie's commentary was drowned out by the cheers from the Slytherin end.

Slytherin had scored.

His team was already messing up and the round just started.

Jimmy saw that Pearl was smirking.

Jimmy then found out, the Slytherins had changed their play, so his team was not prepared.

-

Slytherin was up by 50 and Hufflepuff only had 10 points.

It was looking grim as his team was slipping, but Jimmy tried his best not to lose his head.

I just have to find the Snitch, then this'll all be over.

Jimmy kept his eyes peeled for anything gold, but he kept listening to Lizzie's commentary.

"Poor showing of the Hufflepuff team as Slytherin takes an early lead." Lizzie had said, "Sam has the quaffle and is speeding down the field. Lilith sends a bludger her way, but Jay swoops in and sends the bludger back so Sam has a clearing. She shoots and- "

The Hufflepuffs started cheering.

The Slytherin's then had the quaffle, but Scar had blocked the goal, causing Jade to take the quaffle and score.

It seemed as though the Hufflepuffs found their confidence as they started to play better.

Jimmy smiled as he looked around for the Snitch.

He then saw the flash of gold and turned his head.

He saw the snitch fluttering around the Hufflepuff crowd.

As Jimmy looked at the Snitch, he saw Kelly.

His heart cracked as he thought about how he wanted to break up with her.

He shook his head and when he opened his eyes again, he saw Pearl taking off.

She had seen the Snitch as well.

Jimmy got a jolt of shock as he took off behind her.

He was just about to reach out when a bludger came towards him.

He quickly moved out of the way, causing two things.

The bludger missing him.

And Pearl catching the Snitch.

The Slytherins exploded in cheers as Pearl showed them the Golden Snitch.

Jimmy slowly lowered down, all the guilt and shock was weighing him down.

Lizzie was still commentating, and though her house won, she sounded a bit sad.

Probably because of her brother.

Jimmy got off of his broom and saw Scar.

"It's alright." Scar told his team in the locker room, "We put up a good fight. We're still in the running."

Everyone nodded and Jade walked up to Jimmy.

She put her hand on his shoulder.

"It's not your faut. It's no one's. We still want you on the team." She smiled sincerely and Jimmy was shocked.

It was as if she had read his mind.

"Yeah, Jim. It's okay. We're still in the running!" Jay said, smiling at him as Jade stepped away.

"You're a great Seeker. Don't give up." Joel patted his back.

Jimmy smiled weakly and eventually, they all started to file out.

"Jim, I wanna talk to you." Scar said as Jimmy stopped in the doorframe.

Jimmy got nervous as he walked up to his captain.

"Is everything okay?" Scar asked, "You seemed...out of it."

"I'm good." Jimmy put on a smile.

Scar didn't look convinced, "Is something going on with your friends?"

Jimmy shook his head.

"Is it with Kelly? You seem really distant with her."

Jimmy bit his lip and then nodded, "I kinda like someone else, and just wanna be friends with her."

Just then, they heard a sob.

Jimmy and Scar peeked out the door and saw Kelly who was running and crying.

"Kelly!" Jimmy called but Kelly just kept running.

———————————————————
I know I normally post on Friday's but here it is. (Don't worry you'll get the next chapter tomorrow :D)

You all hated Kelly so ta da!!! They're over!!! Yey!!! Just so you know, she'll come back. Oh yes. No, she's not gonna die, and yes, she will play an important roll. Anyway, I hope you liked this chapter and the next one's gonna come out tomorrow!!