03 - no friends, yes friends

Another week passes as you fall into a routine of going to classes, doing homework, eating dinner, then going to work.

It was a nice little routine.

Especially when her strange friends kept her entertained.

Jeff has come in almost every night to steal a slushie and to find out what happened to the worker that left. You have learned that Jeff is a hit man, and the old worker caught him killing someone. The guy reported him to the police, but they didn't believe him as he was obviously high. So, now Jeff is out to kill the witness before his face is printed everywhere. He made you promise to help him find the man and you agreed. When you got your schedule for work, you took a screenshot of it and showed it to Jeff. It had everyone's names and schedules. Hoping that he would recognize a name or something. He didn't but had you sent him the picture anyway so he could come take a look at the workers at different times to find him.

Every now and then, the masked man from the first night, Jack was his name as you had eventually learned, came into the store and offered to help you with whatever problem you were struggling with at the time. Afterwards, he would buy a water and a sweet treat. You had asked him about it and learned that it was for his little sister. He had promised to bring her one day to meet you.

You had also spent time with the guy from your lectures. You hadn't realized it before, but you never asked for his name. Nor had you told him yours.

You began sitting next to him every day. To give him notes but also to shit talk other students. The way the lecture hall worked was that there were different levels, and the desk would look down to the professor. You and the guy would sit at the very top and watch other people as they did anything but take notes on their computers. One day, they caught a guy in class looking up how babies were made. You had to keep yourself composed as you pointed it to your desk buddy. He sighed and shook his head, obviously amused but disappointed.

"I think that is all I have for today, so I am going to let you out a bit early today. Remember to read up on the beginning of chapter three as we will be covering it next time. Have a great rest of your day." Your professor powered off the projector and closed her laptop while students began packing up to head to their next class.

You did the same and rushed to follow your desk buddy out into the hallway.

"Hey!"

He turned around to watch you rush up to him.

"By the way, I realized that I never asked for your name, nor have I told you mine. I'm so sorry, but I'm Y/N!"

"My name is Tim. I was waiting to see how long it would take you to notice that you never asked." Tim chuckled at your face dropped.

"You knew and didn't tell me. What a great friend." You rolled your eyes and slightly shoved Tim.

You both walked outside of the building and made your way to your next class. It was a very pretty day outside. Shame that you had to spend most of it in class and then finish it in a gas station working. There were plenty of clouds in the sky as they covered the sun occasionally. It was still technically summer but the shade the clouds provided had it feeling like an early fall. The breeze blew your hair in your face as you tucked the stray strand behind your ear.

It was then that you realized that you also didn't know what class Tim had next.

"So, Timmy" A feeling of unease flashed inside of you as your friend had tensed and stopped walking beside you. You continued your question despite the feeling. "What class do you have next?" Thinking that he would just keep walking, you took another step forward but stopped once you realized he wasn't following.