05 - old computer

The days passed and October finally made its way to campus. Your cold symptoms had officially disappeared over the weekend, so it was time to head back to class and work.

"Where were you last week?" Your head turned towards the little girl coloring next to you. "I came by every night with Jack, but you weren't here."

"Ah, I was sick. Just a cold. It probably could've been prevented with medicine, but I forgot to buy some when I moved out here." You looked back down at your coloring page. It was nice to get back into the routine. Go to class, get lunch, go back to class, finish homework, eat dinner, then come to work. It made life interesting. Especially with your friends. "Thankfully a friend went out and bought me some medicine and soup."

"A friend?" Sally picked her head up to look at you.

You hummed, "Yeah, he sits next to me in class."

"He?" You could hear the smirk in her voice.

You laughed and lightly turned her head to look back at the coloring page. "Tim is just a friend. Honestly just a classmate at that."

Looking down, you missed the look Sally gave you at the mention of your friend's name. There is no way it could be the same Tim that she knows.

One way to find out.

"So, Y/N. What does your friend look like? Is he cute?" You scoffed as she giggled.

You stopped coloring for a moment to think. "Well of course he is cute, but we are just friends." Picking the crayon back up, you continued. "He has dark hair and eyes; he has these very distinct sideburns. I don't know, I only ever see him in my class, so I never really get a good look at him."

Sally didn't say much as you both colored. Moments later, the little girl closes her book and states that she has to leave.

You turned to look out the window to see Jack waving beyond the bushes. You waved back before putting your attention back on Sally. She handed you her book and crayons.

"Bye miss Y/N! See you tomorrow!"

You waved back to her and watched her carefully cross the street. Once reunited with Jack, she grabbed his hand and they disappeared into the dense forestry.

It was around midnight now, so no one was actively coming to buy snacks or beer. Thank fuck.

The humming of the air conditioning cut through the silence as it came to life. You shivered which was your sign to grab your jacket from your bag. No way were you getting sick again. The warmth of your jacket melted your goosebumps as you pulled it over your head. It was a hoodie from your college that your parents got as a high school graduation gift. It's become your favorite hoodie.

The next hour passed by slowly as you switched from doing homework to cleaning up to restocking and organizing. It was boring.

Thankfully, you close up around 1:30. It was supposed to be at two, but the manager said if sales were slow, then you could close thirty minutes early.

You decided to start mopping the floor early so you can leave quickly. Despite all the sleep you got when you were sick, you were exhausted and very much looking forward to going to sleep.

The bell ringing over the door caused you to groan internally, but that feeling went away as you saw your freaky friend.

"Jeff!" You turned around fully to see the scary man walk in. His white hoodie was stained deeply with red. It caused your stomach to churn, but you were smart. Keep your mouth shut and do what he says.

You barely noticed the other guy until you saw his face.

What is with these guys and blood?

The guy was blonde and was wearing a lot of green. He looked crazy similar to a certain video game character. Except, his eyes were black with red pupils. There was blood on his face that looked like he was crying. The fuck?