Chapter six

A day before going to their hiking, Luke received a call from Perez to inform him about some issues that needed to be handled at his Pack. So, he couldn't make it to their outing. Luke did understand, but at the same time was disappointed.

He was supposed to go to the hotel, and had everything ready, and had even informed Peter that he was going away for the weekend.

With Perez canceling their outing, Luke didn't even know what he was going to do.

He spent the day in his room. Sulking? He wasn't sure, but all he knew was that he would check his phone every hour, hoping to see Perez text him and saying he was coming.

This was his one chance to go out and have fresh air. It was his one time to go out, but Perez just had to ruin it.

It was around seven that Macey knocked on his door.

Luke stood up, grabbing his travel bag and went to put it in his wardrobe, then changed his nice shirt for some oversized t-shirt.

He went to open the door, letting Macey in.

"Why are you cooped up in your room? You've been here the whole day." Macey commented, her eyes roaming the place.

"I'm fine. What did you want?"

"The Creek Pack Beta is here. She wants to give you an invitation to some party they will be having," she replied.

Luke sighed. He had an unpleasant day. Sierra was going to add to his already bad evening. "Let's go," Luke said, following Macey out of his room.

He found Sierra outside, waiting for him with her stinking attitude. She was scrunching up her nose like she smelled something foul.

Luke rolled his eyes, extending his hand for her to hand over the letter. He didn't even greet her.

She gave him the envelope, saying, "Alpha Rolus would appreciate your presence."

Luke snorted, opening the invitation. It was for a party to celebrate the wellness of Alpha Rolus. Apparently he was healthy again, and he would appreciate if the Packs would celebrate his health with him. It was one week away. It was short notice.

"You do realise that some of us have lives, and this is short notice, right?" Luke asked, crumbling up the letter and its envelope.

Sierra glared at the action, but refrained from saying anything. "We know it is short notice, but I'm sure you're not that busy to come see for yourself how Alpha Rolus is doing, right?"

That, she was right. Luke did want to witness the miracle. "Next time, come when the sun is still up. I don't appreciate night visits."

Sierra looked like she had something to say, but kept her mouth shut.

Luke turned around, heading back to the House, deeming the 'meeting' over.

He was relived when he heard Sierra's footsteps retreating. He entered the House, then went up the stairs to his room. He was still brooding about their weekend away cancellation.

When he arrived at his room, he unpacked the travel bag, then went to bed. He rang up Perez, wanting to say goodnight.

Perez didn't pick up.

Luke went to sleep with dejection.

______

The week flew by. Luke did not want to go to the damn party, but Tamera insisted that it would be improper to not go. She was just saying that because she didn't have a life and leeched on every opportunity to go out. She was Luke's plus one. They went together with five Warriors for safety.