Chapter thirty

"What about this one?"

"No. It's too flashy."

"This one?"

"Too dull."

"Rolus. Back me up here. Sierra is against me," Charlotte whined, tossing the light blue tuxedo on the bed.

Rolus sighed, running a hand down his face. "Any is fine, Charlotte."

"She's taking out either the most flashy clothes or the dullest. You know what, let me go and see what I can find." Sierra stood up from the bed, pushing Charlotte aside so that she could look at the new suits that Charlotte ordered.

When she took out a suit for Rolus to see, Charlotte also made comments. It's like they didn't understand that time was of the essence and it wasn't on their side.

They both agreed on a tuxedo an hour later. They left Rolus to dress and Sierra told him that she'll be back to help him do his hair and face. She said his face was paler than usual and the black bags under his eyes would send a different message.

As far as he knew, Tamera was being helped by her close friends from her Pack. If he remembered correctly, Sierra mentioned the Gamma and Head Warrior.

He felt like he was doing everything on autopilot. Sierra came and helped fix him. She did his hair, put something on his face to tone it down from the paleness and covered his eye bags. When she was done with him, he looked like he had life. The hollowness inside did not reflect.

She gave him a light meal, and told him to drink some pills. She said they were for the nerves. They were going to keep him calm. Rolus took two extra.

Sierra just shook her head and told him that he would struggle to sleep. She hugged him, telling him how proud she was of him and that he was making a right decision. For the Pack. It was all for the Pack. All for the Pack.

Sierra left him, saying she was going to get ready.

Rolus roamed his room, trying to keep his mind empty. He didn't want to think, let alone have time to let his mind wander.

Zayn and Zachariah came in to check on him. To also let him know that Alpha Christian has arrived. He was the one going to officiate the ceremony. When the Pack members had their mating ceremony, their Alphas usually officiated the ceremony. When an Alpha had their mating ceremony, another Alpha was requested to officiate. The Alpha requested was usually the one closest to the Pack. Black Moon Pack was their neighbour. Obviously Rolus would never request Luke to officiate. That would be cruel of him to do.

Rolus went down the stairs to greet Alpha Christian. They exchanged a few words on what was expected today. Alpha Christian congratulated him on taking the step to find a replacement. Rolus just smiled.

Christian left him, leaving him to welcome the excited congratulations thrown his way by his Pack members. He smiled through it all. Everything was a blur. Kevin came in his father's stead. Alpha Leticia came, congratulating Rolus and telling him how excited she was. She also told him how great a Luna Tamera will make. When she saw Zayn, she squealed, jumping at him, excited to finally see her cousin after a long time.

Rolus genuinely smiled when he saw their interaction.

He welcomed Alpha Zelda, who was not afraid to let her distaste be known, that she was not in support of the mating. Alpha Leticia came just in time to haul her away.

When Council Robert arrived, he was in good spirits. He sourced Rolus out, just to ask him if he saw the amended punishment. Of course he saw it. Robert added some new punishments. He stated that Rolus should have no contact with his mate unnecessarily so.