Chapter eleven

When Mia and Luke arrived at Perez's Pack, Perez welcomed them with open arms. Luke had to sidestep Perez so that he wouldn't hug him.

Mia gave him a questioning stare on top of Perez's reserved glare.

"Are you not Rolus' supposed mate?" Perez taunted.

Mia kept quiet, her glare saying what she couldn't say.

Perez laughed, then made them wait in his office whilst he went to fetch his Truth Seeker.

When he arrived, he formally introduced them, then called for someone to lead Mia to her room during her stay.

The moment Mia and the Truth Seeker left, Perez wasted no time in capturing Luke in a hug, then a kiss here and there.

They ended up taking the action into Perez's room.

_________

It was later in the night when Luke awoke. He found Perez staring at him, smiling. He smiled back. "What are you doing staring at me like a creep?" he joked, lightly punching Perez on the chest.

"Nothing." He still smiled.

Luke noticed a dimple on his left cheek when he smiled. It was not that noticeable if you didn't pay attention.

"Really?"

"Okay, fine." Perez rolled his eyes. "It's been months since we've been, dating or whatever, you know?"

"Mmhh."

"And I was thinking, if you don't find your mate by next year, maybe we could introduce each other to our respective Packs, you know?"

Luke tensed at that. He looked away, feeling like something was stuck in his throat.

"I know this is too sudden and I just dropped a bombshell on you, but would you consider this, please."

Luke sighed, settling his head back on the pillow. He stared at the ceiling, contemplating on what to do or say.

"Or am I being too pushy?" Perez asked, the little courage he had drawn to ask Luke wavering with every second Luke kept quiet.

The silence prevailed, Luke's eyes never staying in one place, and Perez too tense to move.

Luke figured it was time to be honest. It wasn't worth it anymore, especially with what he planned after Mia confirms what Rolus told him.

"I didn't mean to not tell you, but I think I found my mate."

Perez quickly stood up, eyes wide and heart beating too loudly for Luke's ears.

"When?"

Luke pursed his lips.

Perez scrambled and grabbed his clothes off the floor, quickly wearing them. "The hell! When, Lucas!"

"It's none of your business, Perez. Leave it."

"Leave it? I specifically asked you, Luke. I asked you to tell me the moment you found your mate so that we can end whatever this is! Oh my fucking goodness! Lucas, really?" Perez was hysterical, grabbing Luke's clothes off the floor and throwing them at his face. "You're a fucking fraud, you know that?"

Luke got off the bed and dressed. "I'm sorry, okay?"

Perez glared at him. "Sorry? Sorry? Sorry won't fucking do, Lucas. Sorry won't cut it. I told you to fucking tell me when you find your mate. So, the least you can do is tell me for how long you knew."

Luke ran a hand down his face, exhausted. "Just drop it, okay? I don't have the patience for this." He put on his shoes, fastening them.

At that, Perez kicked the bed with all his might, the wooden frame cracking. "The fuck do you mean?"