Daisies in the Meadow 💕

Third Person POV

For centuries humans have tried to figure out if any of the mythical creatures depicted in child storybooks really do exist. They're depicted as small, six inch tall creatures, majority of the female gender, who have stunning, magical wings, magical powers and clothes made from flower petals. Little do they know such creatures really do exist.

Magnolia POV

It was just a normal day in the meadow, collecting from bushes berries almost the size of me, I brought my little brother Sky with me to help, it isn't a job for one fairy after all.

"These berries are so big, how do we even eat it all". I couldn't help but slightly chuckle at my little brother's curiosity. "Well, your big sister here chops it up all nice and sizable so our stomachs don't overflow and also so we can keep some for the next day or so".

We collect as many berries as we can fit in our baskets and fly back to our cherry blossom tree and enter our home which is inside of a whole in the tree, putting our berries in our storage compartment.

"Are my wings going to be as pretty as yours when I grow up?". A look of concern went as fast as it came as I give a look of reassurance to my little brother, reaching out and grabbing his left hand. "They already are stunning, they just grow in size as you get older" I say ruffling his hair. "Maggie!". He grumbles smoothing out his hair.

He walks over to our watercolor-painted family portraits we both made together before we moved, picking it up with a complete look of sadness growing across his facial features.

"Maggie, I miss mum and dad, I want them back so bad" he says his eyes starting to slowly fill with tears, making fresh ones appear in my own eyes. "Me too, but we have to move on and stick together".

Two years ago we were moving to the meadow when Sky had ran into a fox, this was when he was still struggling with learning to fly, so he couldn't just fly away. To protect him and get to safety my parents told me to take him and fly to safety while they distract the fox.

Eventually it caught up to my mother and killed her trapped in its jaws. My father furious and upset attempted to attack the fox, only for him to share the same fate as my mother.

I still remember the terror and emotional pain that I felt flourish though my body, I did everything I could to stop myself from screaming as me and my brother hid, covering his face so he didn't see the gory fates of our parents and the blood decorating the fox's snout.

Sky POV

Morning came and I noticed my Sister was still asleep, it's her birthday and I want to do something nice for her. She loves daisies so I decided to get ready and go for a quick trip to find the perfect daisy for my sister.

Flying around the meadow I flutter through the field of daisies, observing to find the perfect one, as I was distracted and unfocused on anything but my sister's gift, I didn't notice the loud thundering footsteps until I noticed the world around me slowly growing dark as I picked which daisy I wanted.

Confused I looked up, screaming in horror as a huge hand casted me in an even darker shadow closing around me. I put my hands against the warm flesh trying to find a way out. Realising it was hopeless.

As the human's fist opened up, I was suddenly dropped into a hard, cold area that was transparent. I was suddenly jerked forward as the human grabbed the icy cold dome I was trapped in bringing it up to his enormous eyes gleaming with curiosity.

Despite being able to fly I wasn't thinking, way too afraid and paralysed by the look in the human's eyes, scared what would happen if I tried to escape. I start crying and back up the most I could and curled into a ball, feeling helpless awaiting my end.