Dolls PT 2 💕

TW: Mentions of blood, death, verbally abusive parent

Bianca POV

I was laying down curled up to preserve as much body heat as possible whilst attempting to get any sleep. It was December. A terribly cold winter day. These boxes don't exactly help to keep us warm and the clothing I was given wasn't appropriate for the current temperature. It was an outfit a ballerina would wear.

From the white, pink and blue dress with glitter that irritated my skin to the poofy skirt underneath which was so itchy and made me chaf. Large ballet slippers which were loose on the bottom with the ribbon wrapped tightly around my legs slowly turning them purple and blue. The all pink makeup smeared on my face on my lips, cheeks and eyelids. My hair tied up in a high bun making my scalp scream with a plastic tiara headband that always fell off my head.

I looked absolutely ridiculous. But I was apparently one of the perfect 'dolls' for the look. The colour of the outfit apparently complimented my appearance or whatever bullshit they were spouting. I have really dark skin, dark afro type hair which was destroyed by them trying to straighten it before tying my hair up which definitely burned some of it, big brown eyes, a small nose, thick lips, I was quite thin as I had been starving for a long time only drinking water so I could fit the unrealistic body standard of the dress. Only eating something given to me if I was getting deathly sick. I was also short for my age at 3 inches and I'm 16.

I used to adore my life before this. My life with my family. My life with the one I love. When these giants came and took us away. We are also human like them. Had an independent country which is unknown to the world. But it was destroyed and taken over because other countries assumed it was an unused portion of land. We never made ourselves known to the rest of the world fearful of how they would react and treat us. We were right to be afraid. A bunch of us are scattered across the world. Majority of us remained as it was too unsafe to travel far at our size and because all of our land and technology was destroyed.

We found homes in gardens, parks, camp sites in trees and bushes. Places we wouldn't be found. However it was very unsafe because of wild animals and insects as well as having no defence against the cold temperatures and the harsh weather conditions. So some of us lived in the buildings made by humans in secret. This could be houses, workplaces, shops, schools, hotels. It was risky incase you were seen by the giants but you were safer and warmer you still had to mindful of insects and rodents.

Me and my family lived inside a hotel room. The room pretty much was never used. So we were able to sleep on the bed and watch the TV but on a very low volume. But when guests did arrive we would hide in a hole in the wall that was behind the nightstand. We would take food from the hotel kitchen and also untouched food left by guests.

In my family there were 5 of us. My mum Tiana, dad Carlos, me and my 2 little brothers Vincent and Ruden. We were all a loving family. Also my boyfriend Armondo lived with us. He was chased my a cat that a guest had before and I saved his life. Cats love chasing us thinking we're mice. We loved eachother so much. One day me and Armondo were playing with a husky that was left in the guest room when we hid behind the lamp and heard the humans discussing something with the owner.

They had come to search for our kind. They booked this room to look for us as guests and hotel staff have believed to have seen us. The husky apparently was meant to sniff us out but did a terrible job as it's been nothing but friendly to us. Suddenly they played a terrible noise. It hurt our ears and the dogs and we started screaming from the sound and it alerted them. We tried to escape but were both trapped in the fist of a man. We were suddenly dropped into a glass jar. We backed up to the end as the man looked at us I looked away and hugged my boyfriend terrified. The man with a smirk scrooed the lid on trapping us.