Samon Gokuu - Everything Is Loud

Idea: Y/n has super hearing. Inspired by the song 'Turn It Down' by 'OR3O'

Key:
Y/n = Your name
L/n = Last name

Warnings: None

-

Everyone in Nanba prison deserved to be in the prison. It takes a lot to get there. Anyone who was faultlessly accused wouldn't make it there, without actually committing crimes. This was true, for everyone except one inmate. Inmate number 62, Y/n L/n. See, they had a normal life. Well, almost. Y/n had a power, the power of super hearing. It wasn't to a great extent. Just enough to hear voices from at least a mile away.

This inmate ended up finding out some things they weren't meant to. This would happen sometimes but this time it was really important. Y/n was forced to tell the police about what they heard. This saved a lot of people though the bad guys find Y/n. They ended up framing Y/n for the crime that was about to be committed. So, Y/n ended up in prison. Due to how dangerous the group Y/n was said to be apart of, they were immediately shipped to Nanba.

That's where Y/n has been staying since. They were put in building 5 in cell 9. They were quiet most of the time. The loudest they have ever gotten was when they were forced to speak in a normal tone. Other than that, Y/n would whisper just about everything. They would always try and be away from people, trying to find the quietest part of the prison that they could get to.

No one knew about Y/n's powers. They decided to keep them a secret here too.

The supervisor could tell something was off about Y/n. He could tell they weren't dangerous but something was off. He never asked but he wanted to. Samon was curious about the inmate. He wanted to know more about them, more than what's just in their file. He knew he was missing something but he didn't know what.

Now, it was soon after the New Years Tournament. Building 13 of course won and the four inmates got what they wanted. Y/n was constantly grouped up with cell 8. Though they went with cell 8 when they were called to Uno's game room. Y/n hardly spoke to anyone in building 13. Though, when they did, they did get alone with the other quiet spoken one, Jyugo. Due to him, they were able to go.

After the room became filled, everyone began to play games. The supervisors stood around the lounge area and spoke to each other. Y/n had greeted with everyone but stayed to the back. Samon picked up on this, he knew Y/n wasn't much for being with other people but for someone who has been in prison for a while. He'd expect them to want to play at least one game.

Samon walked over to the inmate, Y/n heard him coming immediately but waited until he got closer to look at him. "Don't you want to play something?" He asked, Y/n glances away before shaking their head. "Why not? You won't get to come here often." He warned, Y/n shrugged as they looked down.

Y/n balled their fist as cheering began. They weren't mad, they were just trying to keep themselves from covering their ears. Not wanting to even hint to their hearing. Samon noticed this and motioned for Y/n follow. "Come with me for a second." He said as he began walking. Y/n looked at him before following. Samon told the other supervisors he wouldn't be long before he walked out. Once Y/n walked out, he shut the door.

The noise quieted down enough for Y/n to relax. They could still hear everyone clearly but it wasn't nearly as loud. "Was it really that loud?" He questioned, Y/n quickly looked up at him then shook their head. "Then what was it? I would like to know why you always avoid noisy situations." He asked calmly. "I..get overwhelmed." Y/n said softly, though they weren't good at lying. They looked away as they answered.

The lie was obvious, well to Samon. To anyone else, it would have been believable enough. "You should get better at lying. What's the real reason?" He crossed his arms. Y/n knew there was no way out of this. They had to tell the truth. "I," They thought about how to phrase this. Y/n glanced around, making sure it was just them two. "I have really good hearing. I guess super hearing. Things get loud for me. Too loud." They finally admitted.

"Hm, I'm sure accommodations can be made." He thought out loud, his voice notably quieter. Y/n looked up at him. "Really?" Samon looked down at them and gave a nod. "Yes, now then. All your free time is up. Let's get the other inmates and head back to our building. I'll get on that once we get back." Samon told Y/n as he walked back into the room. Y/n smiled and followed him.

After that conversation, Y/n got some special stuff. A soundproof room and something they can wear to make things quieter. Also, the supervisor and the inmate grew a bit closer.

Since Y/n got better treatment from Samon, some other inmates would poke fun of them. When Samon wasn't around, cell 8 would help Y/n. Since learning of Y/n's new found abilities, they were more careful around them. This caused Y/n to come out of their shell around them and they became friends.

Y/n was happy, for the first time in a long while. Things were working out for them.

Today though, today didn't go well. Liang was with Rock, Upa with Nico, and Qi was with Inori. Samon was in his office. Y/n was left alone today. Not that they minded. Days like this happened. Though on days like this, were days the picking fun of picked up.

Y/n was sitting at lunch, alone. With their ear gear, they didn't hear the inmate come up behind them. He grabbed their ear gear and ripped it away from Y/n. They quickly turned around and looked at the inmate. "Aren't these cool?" He smirked before throwing them on the ground. Y/n tried to go for them but the inmate stomped on them, breaking them.

Suddenly, Y/n realized how loud things were. It all hit them at once. Y/n stood up and left the cafeteria, they didn't care if they would get in trouble. They didn't want to deal with how loud it was again.

While walking down the hall, Samon saw an inmate running down to him. He immediately grabbed his staff but stopped when he realized it was Y/n. Samon was about to say something but Y/n ran straight past him. "Hey!" He called as he turned around and quickly followed them. Y/n ran into their cell and fell to their knees, hands over their ears. Samon stopped at the door, he was so used to inmates trying to leave, it threw him off when Y/n went to their cell.

He gave a sympathetic look as he put away his staff. He walked over to Y/n and knelt down next to them. Before he could say anything, Y/n hugged him, hiding their face in his chest. Samon was stunned for a second but hugged them back. He held them close, one arm around them, the other on the back of their head. He waited for them to calm down.

Y/n leant beck, "I'm sorry." They said, he shook his head. "It's alright. Don't be sorry. What made you run though?" He questioned, Y/n was quiet for a second. They hadn't told Samon about the harassment, nor has cell 8. "One of the inmates broke the things made for me. I didn't want to deal with the noise or what he'd do next. So I ran without thinking." Y/n stared at the floor.

Samon grew angry, not at Y/n though. "Who? Who broke them?" He asked, the anger could be heard in his voice. Y/n told him who it was. Samon gave a nod and stood up. "I'll deal with him. Don't worry." He said as he walked out.

A while later, the supervisor walked back into cell 9. Y/n looked at him, they were sitting on the edge of their bed now. Samon handed something to them. Y/n took it and realized it was another pair. "You got them fixed?" Y/n asked as they looked at them then Samon. "No, I actually just have back ups. We train a lot here in building 5 so I would assume they would get broken often." He said.

Y/n got up and hugged him once again. He gave a small smile and hugged back. "Thank you, truly." Y/n said, "You're welcome." Samon responded.

-

Words: 1521

I didn't know what to call the ear gear so that's what you got (⁠^⁠~⁠^⁠;⁠)⁠ゞ
Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this!

Byyyyyyyeeeeeeee!

~Roze