Enki Gokuu - Breaking The Rules

Idea: It's pretty unhealthy mentally and physically for someone not to get outside and no human interaction. So underground prisoners get specific time, once a week, to go outside and intermingle with each other. All but one inmate. Y/n won't have this.

Key:
Y/n = Your name
L/n = Last name

Warnings: Manga spoilers,

-

Ever since Y/n was young, they've always lived on the edge. They'd take chances, be dangerous. They were very skilled with their movements. This really helped when they decided to take on fighting classes. Y/n was a dangerous kid who grew up to be a dangerous adult.

Don't think because of this Y/n was had. The opposite actually. Y/n would go out of their way to help people and other animals. If they saw some one or thing in trouble, they would not hesitate to run over and help. This could be as simple as helping someone cross the street to stopping a running criminal.

Due to their skill, they were convinced by their friends to be a prison guard or cop. Y/n decided a guard would be better so they could help the people inside the best they could. After years of being a guard, they ended up in Nanba prison. They were one of the top guards of the building they were put in. Which was building 5. They were there for a long while. They were there before Enki was supervisor and they stayed even after the incident.

Despite what he did, many still looked up to him. This was clear, Y/n was one of them. They knew they were good at what they did but when Enki came, he immediately out shined Y/n. They didn't mind this, this just inspired them to be better than what they were. Which they did get better.

Y/n would join the inmates and guards when they sparred or trained. Still, they were seen as one of the best. Though, they still didn't stand a chance against the new supervisor, Samon. Which again, just caused them to push themselves to be better. Though they did watch their health too. Mental and physical, they'd make sure everyone else was too. Y/n would be the reason more than half the time that the others were doing so well.

With Y/n's constant reminders, people were happier. Y/n would even help them if needed. So of course they were upset when they found out that Enki's mental health wasn't being taken care of. After many, upon many, long discussions, Y/n was granted access to go down to Enki and make sure he got the right treatment. Under the agreement that everything was documented and he absolutely never left his cell.

Even though Y/n didn't want anymore paperwork, they were willing to do it. Y/n was given certain times they were allowed down there. They were just happy they finally got permission.

Today was the first day they got to go down. Y/n was actually excited about this. They quickly went down each flight of stairs and went down the hall, all the way down to Enki's cell.

"Heeeyyy!" Y/n smiled as they basically slid in front of his cell. They were always smiling and upbeat. Enki knew they were coming, but he didn't know why. His back was to the cell bars. He didn't even move an inch when Y/n greeted him. "Guess what! I'll be coming down here more often after today! It's not good to keep someone away from interaction with others. People go insane like that. So here I am to keep you company!" Y/n explained.

Not a word came from Enki. Y/n expected this, they were prepared for many one way conversations.

So it began, Y/n would travel down there once a day to talk with Enki. Many times Y/n would at least bring a deck of cards, to encourage him to interact with them. Very few times has he played with them.

As Y/n walked down the halls of the underground cells. They thought about how dark it is down there. They decided that Enki deserved actual sunlight rather than a pill that gave him vitamin D. It would be much better than him. Finally, Y/n reached his cell and smiled at him. Despite his back to them.

"Alright, I'm taking you outside!" Y/n declared. They knew this would be risky since Enki was allowed out but they really wanted to help him. Getting some fresh air would also help. Enki lifted his head and slightly turned it to the side. "What?" He questioned, Y/n placed their fists on their hips. "You need sunlight and fresh air! That's what I'm going to give you!" They said.

At this time, everyone has clocked out. Y/n was the last guard. Normally their visit would be during mid day but they wanted to check on him before they left today.

Enki turned to face Y/n, still sitting down. "I can't leave this cell." He said, Y/n waved their hand dismissively. "Ah it'll be fine. I'll do the paperwork. Don't worry." They reassured.

Leaving the cell because he wasn't allowed to wasn't Enki's worry. He asked specifically to be locked away like this. He knew it would be dangerous to leave his cell. The cell itself would only slow him down. Without the cell, things could go horribly. He knew how strong Y/n was, he knew how skilled they were. But he also knew they were no match for him.

If something were to happen, he'd never forgive himself. If Y/n got hurt because of him. Enki may come off as uncaring and cold but he truly did care for those close to him. Samon, Noriko, and even Y/n. It's not like he wanted to hurt anyone anyway. But it was Y/n that was doing this.

He left his thoughts when he heard the sound of keys. Enki's eyes landed on Y/n as they went to unlock his cell.

"Don't." He commanded. Y/n stopped and looked at him. They still smiled but it was smaller than normal. "Unless you give me a good reason then I will do this." Y/n spoke with determination in their voice. Going off their tone, Enki knew no matter what he said wouldn't matter. Y/n would still go through with this.

Y/n unlocked the cell and took the cuffs off their belt. Enki watched them come closer. He put his wrists up for Y/n to cuff them before he stood up. The two walked out of the cell then up the floors. The two made it outside and Y/n guided Enki to the water garden.

"Damn, just missed the sun." Y/n said as they look at the sky. "Why are you doing this for me?" Enki asked as he looked at the water. "Because everyone deserves kindness." Y/n smiled up at him. He didn't respond, really, he didn't know how.

The wind blew past the two. Y/n kept their smile as they looked at the water. The two just listened to the noises around them. The sounds of birds, leaves, and the water. It was peaceful. Y/n enjoyed this, they wish they could do this more often.

"You're too kind to be here." Enki thought out loud. Y/n gave a soft chuckle, "Yeah, so I've heard. But hey, there's always that one person who's always happy. Guess that's my role. I don't mind it though, it's fun. Plus, I've grown used to being the 'mom friend.'" Y/n explained. He looked down at them. "Mom friend?" He questioned.

Y/n looked up at him, "Do you not know the term mom friend? What about the therapist friend? Or dad of the group?" Y/n questioned, Enki thought for a moment before shaking his head. "Well, in a group, people have roles. The most well known one, well for me. Are mom and therapist friend. Me and Kiji are basically the mom's of this prison. Though Kiji is more of the rule follower while I make sure everyone is okay." Y/n explained.

Enki hummed in response as he looked off. It was quiet for a second again. "What role did I have?" He asked, Y/n thought for a moment. "Sensei role. The one everyone looks up to. Which arguably could be the dad role, depending on who you talk to." Y/n explained, Enki gave a nod. The conversation kept going. This made Y/n happy.

Soon, the two made it back to his cell. Y/n took off the cuffs then locked his cell. "I'll see you later then." Y/n smiled at Enki. He gave a nod in response. Then Y/n left, clocking out and heading home.

-

Words: 1491

This ending was kinda rushed. I've missed so many days. I'm trying to get chaps out for y'all. I hope you enjoyed this anyway!

Byyyyyyyeeeeeeee!

~Roze