One

Merilina

I walk through the library doors and get greeted by Ms. Laura, she's my favourite librarian in here. I've known her since I was a kid, my mom used to bring me to the library and ask her to read me stories and keep me entertained whenever she had work.

She's getting older now, and I'm worrying one day she'll be gone. I will miss her dearly but even thinking about that makes my stomach twist in sadness.

I walk to the isle I always go to and read my books quietly, but today something doesn't seem right, normally whenever I walk in I feel safe. But right now, I sense a strong aura and that's why it's extra quiet in here.

I look around to see everyone death staring their pages, not even bothering to look up, I decide to sit up and take a look around taking the books I want to buy with me.

As I walk around to find the front desk I notice someone new. It's a man, literally no men work in here, it's rare, but this man seems different he has soft black curly hair with brownish green eyes and a broad figure.

He looks like the type of person who could pop their own shirt open just by using their chest.

I walk forwards slowly because I'm starting to feel anxious talking to a man like that!

I fix my glasses and walk up to him. He noticed me and gives me a warm smile, I smile back shyly and finally reach him.

"Hello" he says with a mildly deep voice.

"Hello, I need to pay for these books."

"Kinky books huh?" He looks up at me with a smirk, "I don't believe a nerdy little girl like you would read things like these, but I can't just judge a book by its cover can I?"

"I just find them interesting." I say truthfully
"Also I'm not a little girl I'm 19, how old are you?"

"25"

I look down at him bamboozled " You don't look your age at all, I thought u would probably be 20, you're very h-handsome.." I say with a soft smile on my face.

"Thank you sweetheart, you're beautiful, here's your books go and have some fun." He winked.

"O-Okay, it was nice meeting you sir. I hope your day goes well." I politely answer with a bundle of nerves.

"Goodbye princess." He says as he sits back in his chair.

••

Thoughts? Comment and vote what you think. 🤍