Six

Merilina

"I was just looking around I swear I wasn't doing anything bad!" I say in fear looking everywhere but him.

He walks over to me and drags me by the hand upstairs back into his bedroom and throws me on the bed and leaves slamming the door by adding as much pressure as he can to it.

I squeal into the pillow because of how scary he looked when he found me near that locked mysterious room. His eyes were fading to the colour black from my view and his facial expressions changed to someone who had just seen a dead body.

I try to get the thought out of my head by looking out the window wondering why I'm still even in this place knowing he's going to hurt me by the way he acts, I plan an escape to get back home where I feel safe.

I go downstairs quietly, noticing Seth watching a serial killer documentary on the tv. I'm freaked out by the fact he can find things like that so interesting, his eyes are glued to the screen which means he wouldn't notice me open the front window in the kitchen.

I slowly tiptoe to the counter and open the window slightly looking back to see if he had noticed the sound, he didn't so I continued doing the same thing atleast 3 times until it was open wide enough for me to get out.

He gets up off the sofa and that's where I start to panic. My shoelace is caught on something sharp that's built on the outside of the window.

Seth walks around the sofa and that's where we meet eye to eye contact. He swiftly walks up to me and I start to scream, my shoe won't budge so I kick one of them off just in time as he gets to the window.

I fall down onto the damp green grass filled with tiny flowers in them. I crawl back slowly seeing him turn away from the window and to the front door, the knob turns and I am still on the floor realising what's happening.

I get up and run for it not caring if I trip, I'll still get up. I look behind me just to see Seth walking not even trying to chase me. I turn for the corner and go down the lane that gets me closer to my house.

He wouldn't be able to tell which house I live in since every one of them look the same. I figure that I don't have my keys and I remember leaving them near the library, I start panicking but think maybe Ms. Laura found them hopefully, on her way out and took them inside to keep it safe.

I snap back to reality realising I'm running away from a psycho, who's possibly going to trap me in their basement forever if they catch me. I hide behind one of the big flowerpots infront of my house and crouch down as small as I can. I see Seth walk down the street my breathing gets cut shorter due to my insane anxiety rushing through me.

The thought of being trapped with a guy like him forever makes me want to vomit, I thought he would be a sweet, cool, librarian guy you just kind of see everyday. But no. He's a psychopath who wants to keep me until I die by the looks of it. Not even until I die he'd probably even keep my corpse.

Seth eventually is nowhere to be seen and I find a way to get into my house. I work out how to get in and I just do that. I have never felt safer in here, I run up to my second floor into my bathroom and lock the door wanting to cry.

I turn on the shower and wash my body until I get tired of it, I step out and wrap a light pink towel over my body and walk into my bedroom changing into a pair of silk white pyjamas.

I lay in my bed immediately falling asleep from the tiredness I feel and traumatic events from today.

••