Ten

Merilina

"It's time to go to bed soon" He says and I stare at him "I'm an adult, I don't need a bedtime." I say bluntly whilst flailing my arms around in the air.

I stare at his back since he's not facing me and wait for a response. "I don't like defiance Merilina, please just go upstairs into the bedroom and wait for me."

I sigh irritated by his slight ignorance, "so fucking annoying." I mutter under my breath whilst turning around and walking to the staircase that takes me to the bedroom. I hear heavy footsteps trailing behind me which causes my body to walk faster by reflex. I feel a hard pull from my hair which makes me stumble backwards in shock as I am met face to face by Seth.

"If I tell you to fucking do something, I expect you to listen to me. Is it that hard to understand?" He says in an unpleasant tone whilst still gripping on to my hair. My lips start to tremble and I feel myself about to leak a tear out of my eye but I stop that from happening. There's no point in fighting back or even cry, he's stronger than me and it's worthless to even try.

I run upstairs into the bedroom and shut the door slumping onto the bed. I change out of my clothes from today and put on a white satin sleep dress. Eventually, I stop hearing sounds coming from downstairs and hear some shuffling. I turn around to the other side of the bed facing the window so I don't have to see his face when he comes into the room.

The door opens and I hear him taking off his clothes and I turn my head a little to peek and notice he's changed into no shirt and just sweatpants. I turn back to my original position and smile to myself.

The bed goes down under him and plops back up as he gets in, " I got you something." I turn around and notice the books I've been reading before he..well..basically kidnapped me. "Thank you, how'd you find them?" I say curiously not even remembering where I left them for him to be able to find it.

"Not to worry, just be glad I found them."

I nod taking them from him and start reading. I turn back to my side and come across a part in the book that makes me giggle to myself.

••