Chapter 12- Lake day!

Harry stretched and sleepily whined as he couldn't see Severus, he was currently curled up in Draco's arms, chewing on his thumb as he began to sniffle a bit, though after his sniffles prolonged for a few minutes with no daddy in sight he started to loudly scream and cry, after what had happened just a few days prior, he was almost deathly afraid of being away from his dad.
Now it didn't take long for the crying to jolt the platinum blonde awake, glancing down at Harry as he began to instinctively pat his back. "Hey what's wrong Harry? Are you okay? Did you have a bad dream again?" He frowned, nervously biting his lip.
Harry nodded as he sobbed out for Severus, him having nightmares just about every day became incredibly regular for him, stress brought them on quite quickly for the small boy.
Draco frowned and stood up with the small boy in his arms, swaying slowly with him as he walked to the kitchen. "Shhh, it's okay little one, your daddy's just stepped outside for 20 minutes to help a student that's all. He'll be back soon I promise." He spoke, getting a bottle out of the fridge to heat up for Harry, he had been told by Severus bottles helped to calm him down, and he usually got crabby when he woke up without one, however before he even got a chance to place the bottle in the heater he felt the little ones nappy, checking him by pulling back his waistband. "Oh bud you really need a change huh, wet and messy is never a good combination, we don't want you getting rashies now do we." He gave him a warm smile before carrying him to his room, laying him down on the changing table as he picked up some rash cream, a clean diaper and some wipes.

Harry began to cry even louder , not knowing how far away Severus could be from him, being so young he was completely dependent on other people, and the person he was most dependent on was gone and out of sight, he didn't even leave a robe for Harry to cuddle. He whimpered in shame as he was checked, he had really only just adjusted to Severus changing him, so being laid down and checked by his former enemy made him wail even harder.
The blonde frowned and changed him as quickly as he could. "I know honey I know, your being so brave, your daddy has told me all about how your such a brave baby boy, isn't that right?" He cooed to him and kissed his stomach as he changed him, just deciding to save Severus a job and changing Harry into some baby jeans and a babygrow with snappers over the crotch. "Has your daddy told you our plans for today sweet pea?"
Harry hiccuped a bit, but being praised really did distract him from his tears, nodding as he chewed
On his fingers. "Mm, daddy say I is sooper bwave!" He giggled quietly, watching as Draco changed him. "Hm...nu uh I duno dway."
The blonde smiled and picked up the little ravenette. "Well, the weather is wonderful today so we thought we'd go to the lake for the day! Isn't that exciting little
One?"
Harry shrieked a little and nodded, smiling widely, though he was instantly distracted by the bottle now beating up, reaching out for it with a pouty whine. "Wen is we goin?"
Draco thought for a moment as he mixed in the powdered formula. "Well I need to get changed and so does your daddy, I helped him pack the picnic late last night, so as soon as daddy is back and we get dressed we can leave." He smiled, sitting on the sofa and gently feeding Harry the bottle, patting his lower back as he fed him.

Now by the time Severus was back, Draco was dressed and ready along with Harry, a bag was packed by the door and the picnic basket was on the Table, Draco was laid on the floor on his back, Harry laid across his feet as he played airplanes with him, though of course Draco had surrounded the area with pillows and blankets, he wanted to make sure Harry was safe.
Now Harry was having the time of his life, he didn't get to roughhouse play with his daddy, but he was just able to roll around, all over Draco, he could just play without limits.

Severus smiled and hummed a little as he gathered some clothes for himself. "Having fun are we? Have you been a good boy whine daddy went out?"
Harry looked over as he heard his dads voice, he fell from Draco's feet but landed on the pillows and blankets, squealing as he ran over to him, jumping up and down as he held his little arms up in the air to be held.
Draco smiled and nodded softly to Severus' questions. "He's been very good, he got a bit upset this morning when he first woke up but that was because he was messy and hungry. He's all changed and cleaned now too."
The taller male laughed as he happily scooped up Harry, kissing his little face all over. "Oh my little boy has so much energy? Are you excited for today hm? And good job for being so good for Draco while I went out, I believe that deserved a treat in our little picnic basket don't you my little prince?"
Harry eagerly squealed once more and nodded, a beaming smile on his face as he chewed on Severus' pajama shirt.
He laughed softly and nodded, kissing his head as he gently set him down. "Let me go get changed dove and then we'll make a move to get to the lake okay? Can you wait while daddy gets dressed?"
The toddler nodded and ran back into Draco's arms to play while he waited, just eagerly starting to roll Around and play and roughhousing with him, helping to burn a little energy, though it wasn't much compared to how much he had.