-chapter fifteen-

"You-" Mike croaked, his eyes wide with shock, and a bit of regret. Will pushed past his brother and ran to Sev, but the boy flinched back instinctively, so Will just hovered, not wanting him to be scared. Sev cocked his head at Mike.

"I'm sorry if I'm not eager to go back to more labs and scientists, I know what they're doing at those coordinates Mike. I've seen what the Nina Project is, and I don't want to be a part of any more fucking experiments."

Mike blinked. "What do you mean the Nina Project?"

"The agents that came to our- the house knew about it." Sev asked drily, wiping blood from his face slowly. It smudged all over his hands, turning them from brown to red and staining the sleeves of his jumper.

He sniffed, "They couldn't stop thinking about it."

Johnathon frowned, his arm lowered, like he realized he didn't have to protect Will from the flashing lights anymore. Will gritted his teeth, he hated being babied. Johnathon still stood next to him though, "they told you?"

"I'm not a spy from their lab who was sent to stalk you and find out everything about you so I could help them steal Jane for their experiments and make her not love you anymore." Sev said to Mike with a glare, and the boy's face dropped in fear and confusion.

"What-"

"I can't control things with my mind like the rest could." Sev said quietly, looking at his feet. He was angry, but Will could almost see shame on his face as well. "So... I was kept somewhere else, the guinea pig of the whole bloody lab, because who would want to put the other kids in danger?"

Sev's voice turned bitter, "so they blew my fucking brain up to see if they could make Jane and Vee and Cece and everyone else stronger, and then they made me a monster!"

"You're not a monster." Johnathon said sternly, and stepped forward with sympathy in his eyes. 

Sev bristled like an angry cat and stepped away, "yes, I am. They tried to kill me Johnathon, I was too strong... I knew too much, I knew... I know... everything."

There was a beat of silence, and the lights flickered again, instantly making Will's heart beat faster and louder in his ears. Sev looked up, a red gloss over the white of his eyes and his abnormally pale blue eyes. He turned to Mike.

"You think that everyone in Hawkins is going to die and you think that your sister Nancy is wrapped up in everything again and you think that El is in danger at the lab even though she made the decision herself to go back because she knows she is the only one able to stop the gates from opening and the demodogs and faceless monsters from tearing apart everyone. And none of you have any idea how bad this is because you guys can't see the pictures of all the dead teenagers missing their fucking eyeballs!" Sev hissed in one breath at Mike. No one else spoke.

"None of you have to see the crumpled bodies of cursed people that did nothing wrong just because one of the experiments went bad and they failed to kill him, just like they failed to kill me."

"Because your mind doesn't reach into other peoples." Sev said numbly, hugging himself.

Will felt his body go cold, and it wasn't because of the cold wind ruffling his hair.

Chills went through him; his brain was foggy and he couldn't concentrate on the millions of thoughts spinning through his mind. Instead he tried to speak, but nothing came out, and he stopped reaching out to make sure Sev, Seven, was okay.

He knew.

He knew how Will felt and who he was, what he was. He knew what Will wanted to do and how badly he wanted to touch Sev's fluffy hair and hold his hand and be able to watch him without it being weird. He knew everything.