Chapter 3

The next day, my mom got a call from Lindsey's mom, saying she passed away. She let me stay home from school for a week, but when I missed eight days, both my mom and Mikey started asking me to go back, so I reluctantly agreed.

Mikey told me there was a new kid, and that he was quiet, but pretty cool. I didn't really feel like meeting people, but I wasn't getting out of this.

I woke up at 6:30 and took the first shower since I got back from the hospital. Then I got dressed in tight skinny jeans, a Blink 182 t-shirt and combat boots. I ran a hand through my jet black hair and grabbed my bag.

"Mikey! Get your ass downstairs!" I yelled as I walked up the staircase into the living room. A few minutes later, I heard him running down the stairs. He dressed in a black v-neck, similarly tight jeans and a grey beanie. He pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose and smiled at me.

"Sorry," He said.

"I wish you didn't straighten your hair, Mikes," I started conversation as we walked out of the door and climbed into the car, me in the driver's seat and him next to me in the passenger's side.

"How come?" He asked as he tossed his bag in the back seat.

"Because we're always late to school every time you do."

"If I were to not straighten my hair, it would look dreadful."

"Implying you don't already look dreadful?" I joked. He scowled at me, but I could tell he was trying not to laugh. I reached over and messed his hair up, knocking his beanie off his head. "You know I'm kidding," I laughed. "So," I changed the subject. "Tell me about this new kid."

"Um," He was pulling his hat back over his head and fixing his hair in the mirror. "His name is Frank. I don't remember his last name. It begins with an 'I', though." I felt my grip on the steering wheel tighten as I thought of the lady in the hospital. The person she was waiting for was named Frank. It must be a coincidence, right? I don't even know if that Frank was in high school. All I knew was that his name was Frank and he was in the hospital for something. Probably a wound, seeing as the woman in the waiting room had blood on her clothes. "He's seventeen, like you, and he's pretty passionate about music. That's all I can think of, right now."

"How long has he been at our school?" I asked.

"Three days."

"Why did he transfer? Do you know?"

"He said it was because of the kids at his old school, but that's all I know."

We sat in silence for a few minutes as we pulled into the school, but Mikey grabbed my arm to stop me from getting out of the school. "How are you feeling?" He asked. "I mean, about the whole Lindsey thing..."

"Oh, uh, I'm doing alright, I guess," I shrugged. He let go of my arm and grabbed his bag.

"Alright. Let's go, then."

We walked up to the glass doors of the school and almost immediately spotted Ray leaning against a wall, listening to music. He obviously wasn't paying attention, and he was facing away from me, so I ran up to him and pounced on his back. He screamed so loud that it hurt my ears, so I jumped back onto the ground.

"What the hell, Gerard?" Ray asked sarcastically, taking one earbud out.

"I'm anything but sorry, Princess Fro Fro," I smirked. He jokingly punched me in the arm ad then turned to Mikey.

"Where's Frank?" He asked. "Gerard would like him." Mikey shrugged.

"I don't know. I didn't see him," He replied.

"Didn't see who?" Someone asked. I turned my head to my side to see a boy who was an inch or so shorter than I am. His hair was short and black. He had a nose ring and a lip ring, and his eye were rimmed with smudged eyeliner. He was wearing a hoodie over a Green Day t-shirt, and had black jeans and converse shoes.

"Hey!" Mikey smiled. "Gerard, this is Frank," He gestured to Frank.

"Hi," Frank held his hand out to me, "I'm Frank Iero."

Frank Iero. He was the boy in the hospital.

My eyes widened as I shook his hand. "Uh, I'm Gerard Way," I collected myself a little bit.

"Hey, Gerard. I've heard a lot about you," He smiled.

"Cool! I've heard about you, too. How are you liking our school so far?"

"It's better than my old one," He shrugged. "The people are a lot nicer."

"It's a pretty cool place when you get used to the asshole teachers. What classes do you have?" I asked. He handed me his schedule and I read over it.

"Cool! We have math, art, history and lunch together," I smiled.

"Okay, cool! I have someone to avoid doing math with," He joked. I rolled my eyes. The bell rang, indicating the start of the school day, so I handed Frank his schedule back and walked through the hallway, looking for my locker. I pulled my math book out of my bag and shoved everything else inside the locker before going to math class with Frank.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yay look Frank's in the story ^-^

It's a little boring but it'll get better soon, I promise

~XoChase