Chapter 6

Lindsey's skinny arms wrap around my shoulders, pulling me into the warm hug that I'd missed so much. I smile, taking her hand in mine.

 "Hello, Gerard," She whispers into my ear, sending shivers through my whole body. I turn around and pull her into a tight hug, appreciating this moment.

 "Lindsey, I love you so much," I whisper as my chin rests on her shoulder.

 "I loved you too, Gerard," She says coldly as she pulls back to look into my eyes. "But I'm gone, remember? I left you, and I'm never coming home..."

-

I woke up with my hair matted to my forehead with sweat, tears burning my eyes, and a lonely feeling that made my stomach drop.

"Gerard?" Mikey called lightly from the other side of my bedroom door. "I'm coming in, so you better be dressed." He opened the door and walked in. His hair was messy, his glasses were slightly crooked, and he was wearing an Anthrax t-shirt and boxers.

"Hey," I muttered, still catching my breathe and trying to hold back tears. "Why are you here?"

"I couldn't sleep, so I went downstairs to get a drink and I heard you crying down here. Another nightmare?" He sat down next to me on my bed and pulled me into a tight, protective hug.

"I miss her," I mumbled as he ran his hands through my damp hair.

"I know, Gee," He said soothingly. "Trust me, I know."

"Have you lost somebody you loved that much just... leave?" I asked.

"Well," He sighed, "I never told you about this... When we moved in the seventh grade, I was dating a... a guy... and I fell face-first in love with him. We dated from the beginning of the fifth grade until a few months after we moved. We tried to keep in touch with Skype, texting, phone calls and all that, but he found somebody else and then broke up with me." He sounded as if he was about to cry, so I wrapped my arms around him, so we were tightly hugging each other.

"Why did you never tell me?" I asked, looking at him.

"I never wanted to tell you that I was gay," He replied simply.

"Mikey, you're my brother. I don't care who you fall in love with."

"Thank you, Gerard," He smiled.

"I'm bi-sexual," I mumbled. I'd planned to tell him, knowing he probably wouldn't think anything of it, and it just seemed like the right moment.

"No shit," Mikey grinned.

"That obvious, huh?" I groaned.

"Gerard, you act gayer than Brendon. I kinda figured something was up."

"Okay, that's an exaggeration," I pointed at him. "In no way do I act that gay."

"Sure, Gee. Do you want me to spend the night here?" He asked, his tone changing between sentences.

"I'll be fine," I looked down at my lap.

"That was a rhetorical question. Let me go get some blankets and I'll sleep on the floor," He climbed off the bed. I rolled my eyes and laid my head back on my pillow again. I heard him walk back into my room a few minutes later and listened to him as he set up his own little bed in the dark.

"Night, Gee," He yawned.

"Night, Mikey," I rolled over and let sleep take me away.

-

"Mom, I'm worried about him," I heard hushed whispering outside of my room.

"It's only been a little more than a week, Mikey. Give him time. Take care of him. And if he's still like this in a month or so, then I'll talk to him about it," My mom whispered back.