Chapter 43

The students' chatter blended with the teacher's voice explaining the formula and teaching. I had a headache and was looking down at my notes during the lesson.

Shikari argued with Nanami because they wanted to sit next to me, and Asuka panicked and tried to stop them.

I sighed in exhaustion and boredom; these people never try to be quiet...

"As I said, this material can be combined but with care." The teacher stated calmly.

She then read a book that teachers use to take notes, and she appears to have forgotten to mention some information.

She set the book down and tapped the blackboard with her chalk to get the student's attention.

"Hear me out students, I forgot to mention this... um, Tomorrow, this class and the other class will go visit the Jonathan Dark Castle." She spoke calmly.

As soon the students heard the word 'visit' they all cheered in excitement. Unaware of the castle, I tilt my head. I look at Shikari that stops arguing with Nanami and tugs her sleeve.

"Hm? What's it, Lady Martina?" She said softly as she move her head to me.

"What is... Jonathan Dark Castle?" I said with a perplexed face.

"Well...I also don't know, but at least we get to see some historical buildings! It's exciting!" Shikari giggle awkwardly as she rubbed the back of her ear.

Nanami overheard us and scoffed, she flip her hair to her back and look at us with a smug face.

"Hah, you are stupid. I have read about this cuz I'm very interested in it!" Nanami brags about it proudly.

"Tell me about it then?" I lean against the table, cross my arms on it, and rest my head on it, looking at her with interest.

Her face erupts with redness and steam pouring from it. She backed up slightly and cleared her throat.

"Well, since you guys are dumb, I'll kindly explain it. From what i read a few days ago, Jonathan Dark Castle is a castle of a past noble with Dark Magic. They used torture people using Dark Magic there. They also make experiment to humans using the noble Dark Magic, which results many more powerful spell for Dark Magic created. After the village was searching for the culprit that cause some of the people there disappear without a trace, they found out about the noble vicious act and plan to catch them, and surprisingly they manage to because one of the people had Light Magic too. And some rumor said they burned the noble in the castle." Nanami explained.

"Why does every Dark Magic user always die by being burned alive?" I said bluntly.

"Probably because they want them to suffer for what they have done.." Shikari replied.

That makes sense... Some people are just very evil and don't even deserve sympathy. They can't even count as human anymore if they did such an evil thing... even though they can have a second chance...

Ugh, what am I saying...

After the bell rang, we all went to our dorms excluding me, following Shikari to her dorm like always.

...

It's early in the morning, and all of the students are dressed formally in preparation for the trip.

And all of my friends are here, as is Horika. What a coincidence, her class will also accompany us.

If you're wondering about my fiance... My mother found out about Takashi's um...cheating? I'm not sure if that's the right word to describe his blunder.