𝘡𝘌𝘙𝘖

" ʜᴏᴡ ᴅɪᴅ ɪᴛ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪꜱ? "

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Screaming, that's all Lim Yeong-Ja could hear. The little girl couldn't make out the words through the screaming, her small body was hidden under her bed as she covered her ears as tears streamed down her face.

"Don't you fucking touch her again! Yeong-Ja has nothing to do with this! She's a fucking child!" The hoarse voice of her older brother screamed from the living room, Yeong-Ja whimpered and clutched her stomach where she could feel the bruises from when her father had kicked her. 

"Don't talk to your father like that!" Their mother screeched, Yeong-Ja wanted it to stop. She wanted everything to just stop, she wanted her parents to stop hurting her and her brother, she wanted them to stop screaming.

"Stop. Please. Stop." She cried quietly. But it didn't, not until hours later when she heard the door slam shut. Yeong-Ja didn't open her eyes until she felt a hand on her head, the girl wailed and scrambled away for the sudden touch.

"Don't hurt me again!" She cried, her eyes squeezed shut.

"Yeong-Ja is me! you're okay. You're safe." Her brother whispered helplessly, his heart shattering in his chest at how scared his sister was. Yeong-Ja slowly opened her eyes and when she saw her brother, the only person who never laid a hand on her, she scrambled out from under the bed and launched herself into his arms ignoring the pain of the new bruise.

"Do-Hwan!" Do-Hwan smile softly and hugged his sister back.

"Hey bean. I'm sorry I wasn't here." Yeong-Ja shook her head and pulled away from him slightly. The small 9-year-old girl cupped her older brother's face in her hands, his lip bleeding and she could see a bruise forming on his cheek.

"They hurt you too." Do-Hwan softly pulled her hands from his face and smiled at her.

"I'm okay. I'm a big boy." He reassured her but Yeong-Ja furrowed her brows before quickly getting off her brother's lap and racing to her small wardrobe, Do-Hwan watched in confusion as she dug into the back of the closet and pulled out a big first aid kit. Yeong-Ja carried the big box to her brother and placed it down.

"Where...Where did you get this?" Do-Hwan asked as Yeong-Ja opened it and took out the ointment and a small bandaid.

"After school, I help other students sell things such as pencils, snacks, books and stuff to any other student that might need it. The teacher who looks over us splits it evenly between us, we never get a lot, but I saved enough to go and get this for when we get hurt. The lady was nice and gave me a discount." Yeong-Ja explained as she applied the ointment to Do-Hwan's lip. He stared down at her with his hands clenched tightly, Yeong-Ja noticed and instantly froze in fear.