𝘍𝘖𝘜𝘙𝘛𝘌𝘌𝘕

"  ᴛʜɪꜱ ɪꜱ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴛᴀʀᴛ.  "

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

The final morning of Yeong-Ja's hospitalisation came and she awoke just as the rose. She sat up and stiffened a yawn as she turned her head to the small couch where Soo-Ho laid uncomfortably on the couch, one leg hanging over the end of the couch as the other hung over the side, soft almost inaudible snores escaping him. Yeong-Ja had tried to get him to sleep in his own bed since she had awoken from her 3-week-long coma 2 weeks ago now, but he would refuse to leave the small couch saying he was "Too comfortable." Even though they both knew it was a lie. 

But despite the obvious lie, Yeong-Ja was grateful, her heartwarming in her chest whenever she'd glance at him to see him reading one of the comic books he brought with him, watching a UFC competition on his phone or simply talking to her. Yeong-Ja never mentioned it, but ever since she had woken up from the coma she was afraid to go to sleep, images of her monstrous parents flashing behind her eyes. She'd wake up with a startle, a silent scream caught in her throat but once her eyes would immediately flash to the sleeping form of Soo-Ho on the couch, her mind would remind her that she was safe. Safe as long as he was there with her. 

Today was also the day she would move in with him and his grandmother. The day before, Mr Kim had come by and asked if she would like him to pack her belongings and drop them off at the Ahn residence, to save her the strenuous effort. Yeong-Ja gratefully agreed, looking at the elderly man with awe at his constant kindness to her.

"Morning Yeong-Ja." Soo-Ho slowly sat up on the couch, stretching his sore limbs with a low groan, Yeong-Ja's stomach flattered at the sound of his groggy low voice. The young woman smiled at him and watched as he rubbed his neck.

"I told you, you'd get a sore neck sleeping on that couch." Yeong-Ja pointed out.

"It's worth it if it means being near you." He responded carelessly, Yeong-Ja rolled her eyes in faux annoyance, but that faint redness in her cheeks told a different story.

"Shut up, it's too early in the morning for your comments. " She muttered, turning her head towards the window where the golden rays shone through into the room. She could feel Soo-Ho's eyes on her but she paid him no mind and simply continued to admire the rising sun as the young man admired her for a moment.

"Ready to get out of here?" Soo-Ho asked, running a hand through his messy dark strands and straightening out his light blue shirt while putting on his black hoodie he had taken off in the middle of the night. Yeong-Ja turned back at him with an eager grin and nodded her head enthusiastically, Soo-Ho laughed at her reaction and held out his hand for her to take, Yeong-Ja took his hand in her own and he helped her up from her bed. She had sustained a fractured ankle but it had healed enough that she was not advised to wear a moon boot, which she was thankful for. 

Soo-Ho grabbed the backpacker with Yeong-Ja's clothes and essentials, slinging it over his shoulder. They walked out of the room to the reception desk nearby and smiled at one of the passing nurses, Yeong-Ja grinned when she saw her doctor by the desk and bowed when they locked eyes.