𝘚𝘌𝘝𝘌𝘕

"  ɪ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ ʜᴏᴍᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ʙᴇᴄᴀᴍᴇ ᴍʏ ꜱʜᴇʟᴛᴇʀ. ꜰᴏʀ ɴᴏᴡ, ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ᴇɴᴏᴜɢʜ.  "

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Yeong-Ja had finally finished her shift a few minutes ago and decided to walk around for a little while, not having anything urgent to do today. 

"Yeong-Ja!" The young woman turned around to see Soo-Ho running down the street towards her, Yeong-Ja shifted on her feet as she adjusted her scarf. Soo-Ho came running up to her, stopping in front of her with his hands in his pockets.

"Finished work?" Yeong-Ja nodded softly, readjusting her bag on her shoulders and that's when Soo-Ho saw it. Her knuckles were bruised and he could spot faint cuts on them, the young man stepped forward and grabbed her wrist, bringing her hand between them at eye level.

"What happened?" He asked carefully, Yeong-Ja narrowed her eyes at him and wrenched her arm from his grip before hiding her hands behind her.

"You're grandmother told you, didn't she?" Yeong-Ja asked, Soo-Ho stared at Yeong-Ja's hidden hands before his eyes slowly filtered up to her own. She didn't need his answer because she already knew, Yeong-Ja huffed and shook her head.

"I'm grateful that the both of you are worried about me. But nothing happened for you to worry about." Yeong-Ja sighed. Soo-Ho clenched his jaw for a second as he was about to speak, he looked past her and saw a motorcycle coming straight towards them. Yeong-Ja turned her head to follow his gaze but let out a loud gasp when she felt herself being harshly pulled, her hands instantly griped Soo-Ho's shoulders as he pulled her into him seconds before the motorcycle passed them. The force of her body slamming into his caused the both of them to fall backwards, Soo-Ho wrapped his arms tightly around her body and grunted loudly when they fell to the ground, her form landing on top of his.

Yeong-Ja hid her face in his chest, her heart pounding in her ears, hands clenching onto Soo-Ho's jacket as his arms acted as a cocoon, shielding her body. 

"Are you okay?" Yeong-Ja questioned, breathing heavily. Soo-Ho grunted in response and nodded his head, regaining his own breath. Yeong-Ja carefully moved from his body and staggered to stand before she offered her hand to Soo-Ho who gratefully took it and stood up, he held his shoulder and carefully rolled his shoulders back.

"Fucking idiot." Yeong-Ja cursed as she looked at the road the cyclist had disappeared down, she blew out air of anger and brushed her hair out of her face before turning back to Soo-Ho.

"Are you hurt anywhere? Do we need to go to the hos-"

"Who did that to your neck?" Soo-Ho slowly questioned, his voice darkening causing Yeong-Ja to freeze, her hands reaching up to her neck. Her scarf had loosened enough to display the dark bruise, Yeong-Ja hurried to retie the scarf around her neck and grabbed her fallen bag.