𝘕𝘐𝘕𝘌

"  ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴡɪʟʟ ɪᴛ ᴇɴᴅ?  "

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

After their dinner and tea, Yeong-Ja stepped out of the house for some fresh air. Her fingers twitched by her sides as she craved a cigarette, but she pushed the urge away and sat on the small garden swing. The stars and moon glimmered in the night sky and Yeong-Ja took a deep breath before exhaling as she stared up at them, the cold night air caused goosebumps to appear on her skin beneath her thin shirt. Yeong-Ja didn't know how long she was sitting out there, softly swinging back and forward while staring up at the night sky, counting the stars, remembering the stories Do-Hwan used to make up to tell her as bedtime stories. 

"You okay Yeong-Ja?" The young woman turned her gaze to see Soo-Ho standing to the side, with a small blanket in his hands. Yeong-Ja sent him a small smile and hummed in response, moving aside slightly to make space for him, Soo-Ho looked from the swing to Yeong-Ja before making his way and carefully sitting down next to her. He laid the blanket across her lap causing Yeong-Ja to glance at him, Soo-Ho watched as she leaned back and stared up at the stars once again.

"Do you know much about constellations?" Yeong-Ja asked as she turned to him once more. Soo-Ho raised a brow in confusion before slowly shaking his head, the female smiled softly and lifted her hand, pointing her finger to the sky.

"The constellation there is Draco." She pointed out, Soo-Ho looked up to the sky in the direction she was gesturing to and pointed up to the sky as well.

"Here?" Yeong-Ja let out a soft laugh and shook her head. Yeong-Ja hesitated for a moment before she slowly slipped her hand into his own and guided it in the right direction. Soo-Ho swallowed thickly as he stared at their joint hands, her hand engulfed by his own.

"Here. It's said that the Hesperian Dragon was a hundred-headed serpent named Ladon tasked with guarding the golden apples of the Hesperides and tormenting the heavens-bearing Titan Atlas. The creature was slain by Herakles when he was sent to recover the golden apples as one of his twelve labours. It was afterwards placed amongst the stars by the gods as the Draco constellation encircling the north pole." Yeong-Ja explained quietly, She turned her eyes to Soo-Ho who could only but stare at the young woman. Yeong-Ja blushed and softly slipped her hand from his own and placed it on her lap, playing with the fabric in embarrassment and awkwardness.

"A-At least that's what I remember, s-sorry If I'm boring you." She muttered, she didn't know why she had grabbed his hand in the first place but whatever drove her to do it, she was internally slapping herself.

"My mum told me that story once." Soo-Ho wistfully spoke as he too stared up at the stars. Yeong-Ja looked at him in surprise, Soo-Ho could feel her gaze on him and smiled slightly.

"At the time, I told her that it was boring and she never told me about the constellations after that...But now that she's gone, I wish I could go back and make her tell me all about them." Soo-Ho slowly turned his head to Yeong-Ja who gazed at him, her eyes softening at his words.