Chapter Nineteen

Skyler's POV B-)

Zemela's game is today to be honest I don't care, I had a mental breakdown yesterday after Bryson Griffin walked out on me.

I even skipped school today, I just couldn't gather enough good behavior to talk to Zemela.

By four I forced myself out of bed, I wore a blue spandex shorts with black sleeveless crop top and blue v-neck sweater.
My mission was to avoid everyone I knew and look for Reggie Abdon, I need a different approach in eliminating Zemela.

Walking towards the gym, I saw Bryson with Nolan standing, it was too early for students to crowd the gym, the hallway wasn't crowded either meaning students were yet to come back for the game.

My legs forgot our agreement to stay away from people I knew as it moved me towards Bryson, "uhmmm" I rubbed my palm on my elbow, "Hi Bryson" he stopped talking to Nolan to face me but said nothing, the look on his face dried up all the saliva in me, it was too late for me to turn back so I digged out my stored courage.
My voice was shaky surprising me, "...a.. about ye.. yesterday__"
"Let's forget It happened" he cut me shut harshly before walking away, Nolan looked me up and down for few seconds before following his best friend.

I gave up on my search for Reggie before it even started, seeing Bryson react like that  weakened me.

Reggie popped out of nowhere, "hey baby girl" he put his arm on my shoulder pulling me closer to him, "looking for me?" He asked smiling.

I nodded slowly, "why don't we drive around and talk, what do you say?"
I nodded, "fine by me", we walked to my car in silence.

Twenty minutes later I was driving to downtown, Reggie told me to get Zemela to my house on Monday at all cost and he'll take care of the rest, he also gave me a sedative.

I didn't bother asking what he planned on doing because my desperation to get her out of Bryson's mind was stronger than any other thing, it was even stronger than the love I have for him.

I made sure to stay clear of Zemela while I was at downtown until when Reggie and Bryson started fighting, I dragged her out of there. The look of the scene wasn't something I would want to remember. Not that it was bloody, the look in Bryson's eyes when he saw Zemela is what I want to forget, he let down his guard when their eyes met. Bryson loves winning in everything he does but because of Zemela he lost focus and for a moment he didn't care about winning.

Ahhhh!
It hurts so much.
I still lied to Zemela when she asked why I was away all day. She's so gullible and easy to toy with, I wonder why guys haven't used her yet, if she were to be in Africa she'll be played like a tennis ball by the boys.

"Thank you" she said breaking the silence.
"For?" I asked her.
"Being my best friend" she smiled.
"Always" I replied.

In moments like this, I use to wonder if she can be of any threat to me, she doesn't look Bryson worthy but then, there's him wanting her and ignoring me because of her, even Fauna has complained about his attitude towards Zemela.

~~~
SKYLER'S POV B-)

As Reggie and I had planned on Friday, I had invited Zemela over.
I had to convince her to go against her dad, what type of father is he? Always spoiling the fun for his daughter.

After the closing bell, I found Bryson on the hallway with Zemela, he was holding her back, I got scared because Bryson is very, I repeat very smart when it comes to people –too smart for a person with average grades– he even warned Zemela against me, my nerves came down when Zemela scoffed and said sternly, "you are nobody to tell me who to trust, not when you don't care about anyone but yourself. Now lete go" I couldn't have been more proud of her.