Chapter Thirty-nine

Bryson's POV

I hated that my eyes watered as I walked away. I hated that I felt guilty when I did nothing wrong. I hated that I wanted to beg for her forgiveness. I hated that I woke up that morning happy and eager to see her.

I went to the beach house for peace of mind, I switched my phone off to avoid disturbance. After I drank, sulked and smoked I finally decided on what to do and how to go about it.

My plan was to convince the people Zemela trust that I like her so very much, she'd easily come back if they talk to her.

Days turned into a week but, Ruby hadn't showed up in school, I also didn't have any opportunity to meet Sadiki Holden or Vaughn because Arlo and Zemela were always with them.

I knew I could never convince Arlo.

My phone rang, Reggie's name popped up on the caller's ID, I picked up for no exact reason.

"Yo man!" His voice was still the same.
"I see you made it out alive!" I matched his energy.
"Oh yes!" He laughed, "and I see you had fun at the Halloween party, I must say I was impressed" he laughed.

"I also saw how the love of your life reacted "you are the worst person ever! Skyler is a million times better than you"" he mocked, mimicking Zemela.

"I see you still stick with losers"
He laughed, a hearty laugh, "in this case I don't think she's the loser, now is she?" He laughed.
"Well, I called to console you as a good friend, you know for letting a_"
"Thank you for calling" I said ending the call.

"Arrrghhh!" Reggie and I promised ourselves never to let our emotions get the best of us, we both witnessed how our fathers and uncles did stuffs just because of love so we promised ourselves not to be like them. And there I was begging Zemela like a fool, letting my heart think instead of my head.

I didn't have any information about Ruby and Zemela was walking about hand in hand with Arlo, acting like I don't exist. It wasn't meant to hurt but it did and I tried to pretend it didn't by hooking up with more girls than ever.

"Brysonnn" Fauna smiled, I smiled back. My smile encouraged her to talk further. She was saying something about New York and a shoot we have together.

She nudged me, "are you up?"
"Yeah.. yeah" I nodded walking away, I agreed without even knowing what she was talking about.

"Hey" I approached the trio–sadiki, Vaughn and Holden when Arlo and Zemela weren't around.
"What do you want?" Sadiki asked harshly.
I raised my arm in defense, "I come in peace"
"So?" Vaughn asked.

"I know we've had our rough parts, you don't like me and to be honest I don't like anyone of you either. But, that doesn't mean I'm not serious with Zemela, that video was just a huge conspiracy. I was unconscious Skyler took advantage of me"
"What do you want from us?" Holden asked with a scowl.

I sighed, "I need you guys to talk to Zemela please"
"That's if you believe me. I mean everything I'm saying or doing, I really like your friend. Please" they were shocked which made me smile. None of then ever imagined I'd plead just because if Zemela.

"So? You want her to be your....?"
"Girlfriend. Yes" I nodded.

Holden chuckled, "c'mon man, we ain't toddlers man and Zemela. She isn't some toy that you can play with, you've done enough so leave her be" he said, I hate him, I've never really had any personal encounter with him so I didn't get the reason for all the aggression.

"You wouldn't understand Holden and, I wouldn't blame you for thinking so either"
"Zemela likes Arlo" Vaughn said.

As if I don't know!

"Thank you guys" I said.
I smiled as I walked away.

In the cafeteria, Fauna rambled my ear off about our coming shoot in New York and about her cousin Maddie who is a huge fan of mine.

I paid little attention to her, my eyes were focused on Zemela and Arlo, who decided to have lunch outdoor.
Watching the friends talk, eat and laugh, I knew I had to talk to Ruby she's the only one that'll believe me and also make an effort.

Vaughn looked up and met my gaze, after few seconds an Instagram notification popped up. It was from her–i thought I stopped the message notification from people I wasn't following?

Vaughn_nile
I believe you
And Zemela doesn't like Arlo she's just confused, sad and angry with you!

Me
Thank you

I was happy with the new information and glad that one of the trio is smart and useful.

+
Maggie Lindemann as Fauna Irish

+Maggie Lindemann as Fauna Irish