Chapter Thirty-five

Zemela's POV:-)

I told Bryson to meet me at work by eleven for coffee.

"Zemela?" A redhead asked as I served he and his friends.
"Yeah?"
"You got hotter" a blonde whistled, I recognized him from my junior year.

"Marcus right?" I asked the blonde, if I recall correctly we were partners in physics.
"Yeah" he smiled, "you school with the rich kids now" he said.
I gave him a sly smile.

"Do you have a cell now or a number?"
I debated on it for a while, "yeah" I nodded, he handed his phone for me to put my number.
"Are you up for Halloween, this year?" Another blonde asked.

Not again!! I yelled internally, Marcus has asked me out to every single social event held in school for two years in a row but, due to my father's "no" rule to school social events I turned him down always.

"I have a shift to run" I said with a small smile, I didn't even know if I were lying or not.
"Oww, I was hoping we could catch up....you know get to hang out" Marcus said.
"He still likes you" the redhead laughed.
"Shut up" Marcus whispered glaring at his friend.

"Morning babe" I heard Bryson greet from behind.

When did he get here? And who's babe?

"Morning.... Bryson" I said confused.
"I'll be waiting" he planted a kiss on my forehead.
The guys stared at me, I mirrored their expression.

"Seems like she's taken already" the redhead whispered loud enough for me to hear.
"Excuse...me"I walked away.

I found Bryson seated at our regular booth at the far end of the cafe.

"Babe? What was that about?" I raised my brows.
He shrugged but, said nothing.
I shook my head, "why must you always act so Bryson Griffin?" I asked him.
He chuckled a little, "do you want me to ask so Zemela Olufola?" He asked pronouncing my last name so wrong.

I paused to think, "yeah" I nodded, "you should sometime at least you'll have a change" I told him.
"Aren't you meant to ask me what I would like or so?" He raised a brow.
"I know you'll have iced Americano" I said
I smiled in victory when he didn't counter.

"Right away" I smiled proudly.

I made iced Americano for him and iced caramel latte for myself.

A girl had already taken my booth opposite him when I returned with a tray.

Placing the tray on the table, I pointed and said, "you might like to excuse me"
She ignored me, she looked like she'd be friends with Fauna except she doesn't attend Bamford.

She placed her hand on Bryson's, he didn't object to it–not that he has a reason to.

Wait! He has a reason to, he's here to see me!

"You heard me the first time, I'm sure of that" I gave her a fake smile crossing my arms on my chest.
"Why are you talking to me? Aren't you a waitress here? So who the fuck do you think you are to talk to me like that?" She said, she took my iced caramel latte and took a sip.

Not what I made with my hands! The audacity!!

I looked at Bryson, he was calmly sipping his iced coffee.

Wow!

Angry with the bitch and Bryson, I snatched my coffee away from her, spilling alot on her expensive dress.

"Bitch! This dress costs your whole ancestors fortune!" She glared at me but, didn't stand up.
I shrugged, "you didn't order it" I said ignoring what she said about my ancestors because I know they'll deal with her for me.

I looked at Bryson, "I was expecting better, guess I put you too high up Bryson Griffin"

"Who are you? His girlfriend?"
"And what if I am? It's something you're clearly not"

She looked at Bryson for a while then scoffed, "You're delusional" she laughed, "Bryson can never go for a girl like you. His mother? Would ne_"
"Shut up and get the fuck up" he said calmly.

I would have walked away but, I wanted to watch.

She scoffed, "really? For her?" She looked me up and down, "wow! So the rumors are true, you're pussy_"
"Now!" His voice was calm, deep and cold, I never expected an eighteen year old to possess such in his tone and aura.

She stormed out of the cafe without a word.

HA!

That was when I realized that the whole cafe was staring.

"You shouldn't have said anything to her" he said.
"Yeah, I should have allowed her call me a nobody"
"You should have let me defend you"

"Yeah, like what you did earlier, I should have stood here awkwardly patiently and calmly waiting for you to defend me" I rolled my eyes

"And for the record, you didn't even defend me after the whole thing. You just acted like the boss you think you are, and I am more than capable of defending myself, I don't need anyone to do it for me and, not every body is as calm as you are, learn that" I paused, "you know, you're confusing and also confused. I...I don't even understand you"

"There's nothing to understand about me...and that stuff of you kinda agreeing to be my girlfriend, never do that again, we're just friends" he sipped his coffee.

Fuck him!

"Yeah" I chuckled, "yeah, we're just friends, that was why you decided to kiss me goodbye and "babe" me in front of some guys. Yeah that's perfect friendship to me" I walked away.

I felt like screaming my lungs out.

And that, was how the rest of my day went by, I was angry and irritated and annoyed and frustrated with every single thing.

On my way home I saw teenagers dressed up for Halloween, trick-or-treating, it made me more angry to think that for a second I had wished to celebrate Halloween because of an undeserving asshole.

I hate my life, if I haven't said it before I'm saying it now, my life sucks!!

                                           +