Chapter 4- Facing the Boys

"I...Uh.... Uhm...." Crap. What do I say? He obviously heard all of that.

He chuckled slightly "Look. I don't care. Just trying to nap here."

"Who naps in a gym?" I mumbled while crossing my arms

"It's the one place the guys don't come looking for me." He shrugged.

"Oh... Err... Sorry... About.. What I said.." Why should I be sorry though? The guys friend was a jerk. "Well at least I'm sorry about what I said about you. Not sorry at all about Zachary."

Again he chuckled. "Z's a bit arrogant. You'd think he's an only child the way he acts."

When he said only child his eyes grew sad and he looked away. My arm reached out instinctively but I pulled it back.

"It's better than being the unwanted child." I mumbled before thinking. His eyes met mine so quick and a blush made its way to my face.

"How could they not want you?" He asked with a look in his eyes that I couldn't read.

"I was the second child and a mistake. They only wanted their perfect boy Josh." I felt bitterness and anger rising. Why was I spilling myself to Sam though? He would probably go tell Zachary.

His eyes seamed to care though. I pushed that thought away as I pushed pasted him to my room. I fell on my bed in tears. I was angry not sad. Angry at my father and mother, angry at Zachary, and angry at myself for being so dumb.

I heard a knock at the door. Followed by a "Baby girl! You in?"

I got up and glanced at my mirror and cleaned up my face as best as I could.

I sighed and opened the door revealing a brightly smiling Jackson and Asher behind him.

"Hey guys." I whispered practically.

"Hey girl. We're sorry about Z he's an idiot. But he holds us together. We grew up together. He's like a brother." Jackson said with understanding eyes

"It's not just him it's everything guys. It's a whole lot of stuff and no offense but I don't wanna get into it with you." I grumbled while pinching the bridge of my nose.

"Well. I have a show tonight and I was wondering if you wanted to come along and get some relief from your hard day?" Asher spoke up.

"That sounds perfect. Let me just fix my face up again and I'll be ready." I cheered

"So forty-five minutes?" Jackson teased.

"Haha. No. Five." I mocked.

With that I walked into my bathroom to get ready. Maybe this place wouldn't be so bad after all.