659.Dead Fish

Nancy lifted the blank webpage on her phone screen. "That news article has been taken down. Even the news website has been forced to shut down. It's only been a few hours. Lisa doesn't have the ability to do this. Only the Jeon family does."

Mingyu was slightly worried. "You say, will Lisa think that you intentionally arranged for someone to write this article?"

Nancy harrumphed coldly. "I was waiting for her to interrogate me. I even prepared a whole bunch of excuses to prove that she's wronging me. But I didn't expect her to remain so quiet. She must be trying to keep this matter small. The more she intends to do so, the more this matter will blow up!"

...

Three days later, Lisa headed downstairs after waking up and a helper immediately rushed to greet her. "Miss Lee, things are bad..."

"What happened?" She asked.

"All the fishes in the mansion's pond have died overnight!" The helper's expression was flustered. "The Elder is currently by the pond."

Lisa heard this and immediately rushed towards the manmade pond on the south side of the mansion. From afar, she saw that thousands of fishes were floating on the lake's surface with their white bellies facing upwards.

Elder Jeon stood by the pond with a look of pity on his face. "All the fishes have died. What a pity!"

Mingyu, Nancy and Huang Zhishu stood by the elder's side. Their expressions were fearful.

When Lisa appeared there, they immediately turned towards her.

"Miss Lee, you're here." Nancy hesitated to speak. "You..."

"What about me?" Lisa lifted her brows.

"Nothing." Nancy shook her head.

"Father, the fishes have died without reason. This is a sign of misfortune!" Huang Zhishu addressed Jeon Zhongshan.

"Pei, pei, pei! What do you mean by misfortune? Shut your dirty mouth." Jeon Zhongshan frowned. He raised his voice. "Bai Mingde!"

Butler Bai, who was waiting nearby, approached him. "Elder, what are your orders?"

Although Elder Bai studied a bit of Feng Shui, he was not superstitious by nature. "Arrange for someone to investigate the water quality. If someone dared to poison my fish pond, they must be tired of living! Remove the dead fishes to prevent the water from being affected."

Nancy's heart shrunk for a moment. However, she recalled that Mingde was the person-in-charge of this matter and her eyes glinted.

"Understood." Mingde immediately left the place to carry out his orders.

Lisa sighed internally.

An old butler that was hypnotised by Nancy. What results could he possibly find?

She was certain they would conclude that the fishes died without any rhyme or reason.

Afterwards, the blame would conveniently be pinned on her head.

"Lisa, what do you think about this?" Jeon Chongshan took in the pond full of dead fishes with a look of pity.

"Someone must have poisoned them." Lisa's response was simple and direct.

"That's what I think as well." Elder Jeon's sharp gaze swept past Nancy and her family. "You guys better not be the ones behind this!"

Huang Zhishu immediately cried and proclaimed her innocence. "Father, you know that I'm the most obedient. I haven't caused any trouble since I married into the Jeon family."

"Grandfather, this is our family's pond." Mingyu spoke indignantly. "No matter how useless your grandson is, I would never do anything to our own family's fishes. I swear, if I played a role in this matter, let God strike it's thunder upon me."

"Of course you would make a vow like this. You aren't the person responsible for this." Lisa glanced at him mockingly before turning towards Nancy.