PROLOGUE

LISA PUT HER BOOKS AWAY in her dorm room at Manila University. She was meeting up with her two friends and fellow classmates, Eduardo, and Solomon, in the cafeteria for a quick dinner.

Her eyes opened wide when she heard screaming coming from the hallway. And then there was a loud thump against her door.

And then she laughed. It must be the two guys playing a trick on her.

She refreshed herself in the bathroom, then headed for the door. When she opened it she smelled a horrific stench in the air.

That and that her door was completely covered in blood. "Hello?" she called out. "Is someone hurt? I can call emergency services for you." She peered up and down the hallway but didn't see anyone.

She closed her door, hoping that the janitor would clean up the mess.

Behind her were loud stomping sounds. She turned to see who it was.

"Arrrrh!" called out a blood-splattered man, his body hunched over, and missing both eyes. Yet he still knew she was there, and he headed in her direction.

She was about to bolt in the other direction, but heard screaming coming from that hall.

Her only thought was to run back into her dorm room. Her hand scrambled for the knob, but fortunately, she hadn't had time to lock it yet.

She was behind the door and slammed it just as four zombies came at her.