CHAPTER 4

LISA HAD HER BAGS PACKED. She picked up the bag with the rat in it and dropped it into her backpack and zipped it shut. "There!, done!"

Now she had to make a rope down to the ground, and move that cabinet out of the way from blocking the door.

Making a linen ladder was a lot harder than it looked on TV. It was hard tying the knots through such thick fabric. She abandoned the quilt and just tried to work with the sheets instead.

Finally, she was able to tie one end of the sheets to a chair and toss the other end out the window.

"Where are you?" she muttered, looking at her watch. The two guys should have been here by now.

She looked back at the door, thinking that she needed to get that moved.

"Pssst!" called out a voice below.

"Hey, Solomon, where's Eduardo?"

He shook his head. "I don't know." He started climbing up the sheet to her window, then hopped onto the floor. "Do you have an alarm clock? We're going to have to improvise if he got stuck somewhere."

"Yes, mine and my roomies." She went to gather them, while he pushed the chest of drawers away from the door.

He slowly opened the door and peered out. "Okay, I'm going to get my supplies placed."

She nodded. "I have the instructions. I'll go outside and get ready."

The two friends proceeded with their plans.

EDUARDO HAD TO get back to the plan. The only thing he could think to do was to grab the katana that his roommate had stolen from the museum, and that was now hidden under his bed.

"I hope this thing is real," he muttered to himself, swinging it.

CONCLUSION

Lisa and Solomon were back in her room, with the door blocked.

"Let's hope this plan works!" he said.

"Oh, where is Eduardo?" asked Lisa.

He shook his head. "We can only hope he's safe."

EDUARDO CLEANED his katana off. He shook his head. He hoped that he wouldn't be going to prison over having kill three zombies.

"What a mess!" he said, shuddering, as he recalled the three zombie who had rushed at him. Two of them he had recognized.

And that's when he heard a chorus of alarm clocks go off all at once.

He peered through the window into the courtyard. It turned out that all the zombies had heard them too.

They were all racing, or more like shuffling, to the source of the noice, which was Lisa's dormitory.

"They did it without me!" he called out proudly, then looked around worriedly. But they didn't notice him.

The alarm clock noise led the zombies into the building.

About thirty seconds later, Eduardo saw Solomon and Lisa race towards him. The library, they pointed.

He ran to join them there. They ducked around the building, while celebrating their reunion.

And then the biggest loudest explosion hit the campus. They covered their ears, then moved closer to the library building's overhang, as debris rained down on then.

"Good job!" called out Eduardo. "Sorry, I got detained by zombies."

"We're glad you're fine!" said Lisa, while Solomon smacked him on the shoulder.