CHAPTER 10 (Extra) • Scent

It was the third year after Shi Wen's death.

    No matter how advanced the technology is, it will not be able to leave the fainter pheromone taste.

    Shangyu suffers from insomnia, anxiety, and even mania every day and night. When he thought that Shi Wen's existence was about to be completely erased, he was terrified. He called the Academy of Science and Technology, urging them to quickly find a way to preserve Shi Wen's smell - now he can hardly smell any breath of that person's existence.

    The researchers of the Academy of Science and Technology are very troublesome. If it is a living person, they can also extract the pheromones in the blood serum to generate the smell. Now that the person is dead, it is very difficult for them to extract the residual pheromone from the pillow, sheet and bedding used by that person to retain the smell for three years... It is very difficult, and it is impossible to do it permanently.

    The researcher had no choice but to explain to Shang Yu, seeing that Shang Yu was still obsessed with it, so he said: "We have tried our best to preserve Mr. Shi Wen's smell, and the only thing we can do now is to simulate his smell. How do you feel, sir?"

    Long-term difficulty in falling asleep made Shangyu seem to be a different person, with frequent headaches, anxious and irritable personality, and sparks when he spoke—often speaking with a cold face for a second He can throw things and get angry in the next second, and everyone around him shuns him. His life... except for work, has become more and more lonely because of this.

    It would be great if Shi Wen was still by his side.

    Often, he realizes the importance of the other person only after the person has left.

    Eating the home-cooked food he was used to, the warm smell of home as soon as he returned home, and the faint smell of red wine carried in the cheap pseudo-glands all gradually invaded his life due to the passage of time-he did not know it at the time. Impressed, it wasn't until Shi Wen left that he realized that these things that were ignored in daily life would be ruthlessly fought back in the future.

    Up to now, not only has it been difficult for him to fall asleep, but even when he finally fell asleep, in his dream... he never saw Shi Wen.

    He never even kept a photo of Shi Wen.

    Thinking of Shi Wen's careful cutting of the photo of the two of them, he felt deeply sad and painful - to this day, he almost has to touch that photo repeatedly before going to bed before he can lie down.

    Shi Wen...

    He ignored Shi Wen for a whole ten years.

    The man committed suicide in the end, and he hung up the phone in disgust before he died.

    Shi Wen, who was tortured by two extreme pheromones before, also suffered from severe depression.

    He was the executioner who killed the only person in the world who loved him silently without asking for anything in return.

    Shang Yu was lying on Shiwen's former bed, staring at the ceiling with wide eyes, and could not help crying silently whenever he thought of the despair in which that person died.

    It's been three years, and now he can't smell Shi Wen's breath at all.

    When the researcher asked him, his eyes lit up, and he deluded himself as if... Shi Wen was coming back soon.

    "Excuse me, how do you need to simulate?" He pursed his lower lip, and asked, "...for simulation, does it look like it?"

The researcher said, "Mr. Shang needs to describe it to us, and if necessary, Mr. Shang is required to participate in the development. , we will...do our best."

    Shi Wen's taste is a very special smell of red wine.

    Shangyu had never smelled such a special and attractive mellow smell from the second person.

    Later on, the taste of pheromones was stained with the cheap sweetness unique to Omega pseudogonads, as if someone maliciously poured a glass of cheap sweet drink into precious red wine.

    He used to miss Shi Wen's initial pheromone smell, so much so that he began to hate the later Shi Wen.

    But he didn't expect that today, he also misses Shiwen's later taste.

    Because... no matter how the taste changes, it is always warm.

    It is rare for him to be distracted from official business to engage in scientific research. The subordinates who were "enslaved" by him are secretly glad that the workload has finally lightened recently, and they don't have to worry about what they did wrong. The unlucky one was directly fired by Mr. Shang.

    Zijiang... They dare not mention that person's name now. After leaving, Mr. Shang has almost completely changed.

    From the cold work machine of yesteryear... to the devilish boss of the present.

    ... three years.

    Mr. Shang is still single, and he introduced his deceased partner to everyone a while ago... Shi Wen? All the employees of the company felt that Shang Yu had gone crazy.

    In private matters.

    In terms of business, because the business chaebols are getting bigger and bigger, although the work is very hard and tiring, they are still not willing to leave their jobs.

    well.

    ...

    Shang Yu devoted almost 12 percent of his energy to scientific research. Regarding the development of new odor simulations, he calculated that seven percent came from Shiwen's own red wine smell, and three percent came from the pseudogonadal smell.

    In fact, even if it's done... it's just the smell of pheromones.

    But he always felt that, as if he was done, he could pretend that Shi Wen was still by his side.

    He waited anxiously for a year, and finally, the scientific and technical personnel came to his home with samples of the research results. He opened the lid almost ecstatically, and leaned over to smell it—yes, seven points of red wine smell, three

    points Pseudogonadal odor.

    ...But, that's not Shi Wen's taste.

    What went wrong?

    The smell dissipated so quickly that the room was filled with that strange mixed smell.

    For the first time, Shangyu felt real, as if he was in an abyss of despair.

    Because of the remnants of Shi Wen's smell before, although he was sad, remorseful and painful, the little bit of Shi Wen's smell still gave him a little bit of comfort.

    And now—

    everything is gone.