CHAPTER 11 (Extra) •What If

Shangyu has once again become the cold working machine it used to be.

    The only difference from before was that he went to the Imperial Marriage Registry and wrote Shi Wen as his partner. This move hit the headlines of major news newspapers and caused a sensation throughout the empire, but the parties concerned didn't care.

    He buried himself deeply in the pile of work, and used busyness to numb his growing despair and pain.

    Time ends up being a pale carrier of meaninglessness.

    Twenty years later, he fell ill due to overwork, and at the end, he was still lying on the bed of the past, pretending that he could still breathe the smell that had long since dissipated in the air.

    This huge house has memories.

    Even though Shiwen’s smell is no longer there, the soft bed, the warm-colored decoration, and the small furniture and decorations that Shiwen carefully bought from the old market in the past can hit the heart of Shangyu in an instant , making him vulnerable.

    That's... the only thing Shi Wen left behind.

    In the haze, he seemed to see Shi Wen.

    For the first time in so many years, he dreamed of that person.

    It was Shi Wen later, with a pale face and very few smiles, just staring at him quietly, his eyes were as focused and affectionate as before, and also a little cautious.

    He had mixed feelings in his heart, he didn't know whether it was ecstasy, heartache, or fear of losing, so he hastily stretched out his hand to Shiwen like this.

    "... Shi, Shi Wen..."

    Now his hair is completely white, and there are signs of time on his face. He wondered vaguely, could Shi Wen recognize him, he was no longer the high-spirited Alpha of the past...

    However, Shi Wen did not hold his hand after all.

    The illusion completely dissipated in the next moment, and he fell into another abyss.

    This time, he never woke up on the bed.

    When Shang Yu opened his eyes again, everything changed.

    He was standing still in the vast crowd, surrounded by heavy traffic and voices, but his corner was especially quiet, as if surrounded by films whose colors had been speeded up, but he was a monochrome photo left behind from the old era.

    Where is he.

    He noticed that... his heart and lung organs, which had been suffering from troubles since then, had completely returned to normal.

    ……Where is he.

    He raised his hand and tried to pat the passerby on the shoulder.

    The fingers... actually passed through the body of the passerby.

    Shang Yu was in a daze, and tried a few more times to make sure he couldn't run into any passers-by.

    However, he actually stood on the ground.

    What is the entity that exists, is he? ... Or is it this world?

    He suddenly thought of something.

    Wait, shouldn't he be dead?

    If he was a lonely soul now, where would he be?