[3]

It was once again Wednesday and Ino had been avoiding Sakura all week. She didn't want to have to answer any questions about her and Naruto. Working at the flower shop however put her in an easy to find position and it wasn't too soon that Sakura found her. There was going to be hell to pay now.

"How could you Ino? How could you bring that, that thing, to the club with you? I don't want you around him anymore."

Ino crossed her arms and glared at her supposed friend. How could she say those things about Naruto? He had never been anything less than kind and considerate to his friends and loving to those he really cared for. She didn't know where this was coming from.

"Really Sakura, there is no need for you to worry. Naruto and I are just friends at the moment. And even if we were more than that, you have no reason and no right to tell me what I can and can't do."

"Ino trust me. You don't want to get involved with him. He's not…normal."

"You know, Sakura, I don't know why you're telling me all this. You had no complaints about Naruto until Sasuke came back. In fact you were blissfully happy with him and his son."

"My son Ino. He's my son as well."

"Actually Sakura I think you gave up that right three years ago to be called his mother. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to work."

"Fine Ino. You just keep messing with that demon. You'll find out eventually that he isn't what he seems. And I'll take care of my son one way or the other."

Ino scowled and folded her arms across her chest. What the hell was all that about? Naruto may have a demon in him but he wasn't the demon. They had established all that years ago. There was more to this than meets the eye and she would be sure to get to the bottom of it. She'd go talk to Naruto after she closed up the shop.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

On the way to Naruto's house Ino was deep in thought. Why was Sakura being such a bitch about the situation? Maybe it wasn't smart for Naruto to sing that particular song last night but he had every right to be bitter. She was the one who abandoned them not the other way around. Still she'd called Naruto a demon and that bothered her. The Kyuubi to her knowledge was still locked up in his navel. And Naruto was never anything but kind to everyone, hell, even little kids loved him. He was like a magnet for children. Little boys loved his frog summons and Gamakichi was a popular fixture around the park when Naruto and Hikaru were present. His fox summons were popular with the girls and it wasn't uncommon to see a family of fox kits being cuddled and petted. Genmaki sat by Naruto's side and carefully watched his charge play with the other children. It was such a common sight that nobody thought about it anymore. Ino smiled at the thought of Naruto being thought of as normal for once, a fixture in the community instead of an eyesore. Thinking even further back she remembered the first time Naruto brought little Hikaru to the park.

It was just after lunch and there were children playing all over the playground in the park. It seemed time froze and everyone looked up to see Naruto and Hikaru walk onto the field. All the adults looked at him with sadness in their eyes. Ino in particular felt bad for him. She was there with her little cousin. It had become public knowledge what had happened between him and Sakura and he had their sympathies. He had become a living legend among the populace of Konoha for all his many battles and good deeds and almost everyone respected him. Their children had heard stories of the golden haired shinobi and all idolized him but they had never seen him in person. He was tall and muscular and stood out like a sore thumb. All eyes immediately swung to the mini-me version hiding behind his legs. With his equally golden hair and pink tips it was easy to see who his parents were and the whiskers on his cheek left nothing to the imagination either. Naruto and Hikaru found their way to a bench and flopped down and were immediately swamped by a multitude of wide-eyed children. Eyes swung from him to his lookalike to the small fox in Hikaru's lap and they were bombarded by questions. Naruto looked down at his son to see that he had a tight grip on Genmaki and a look of curious fear in his eyes. He wanted to play with the children but they were scaring him at the moment. Poor Genmaki was having trouble breathing and the look on his face sent Naruto into a fit of laughter. All questions ceased as they watched the broad chested shinobi throw his head back and laugh. Finally done he turned his head back to the throng of children who had all plopped down on the grass. He looked out of the corner of his eyes at the parents who were all intrigued and wondering what would happen. He smirked and gave the children his full attention.