[10]

The weeks seemed to rush by and soon enough it was the day of Sasuke's inauguration as Hokage. The entire village had turned out to see the event, most to see what their new Hokage would say in his speech, others in anticipation of what may happen. It was no secret that Naruto was still bitter about being looked over for a man who didn't deserve the title. Many of those who did not care for Sasuke had shown up with the intention of getting a show. If only they knew…

Tsunade stood on the dais looking out over the crowd, her robes and hat gone already. Today was her last day as Hokage and truth be told, she couldn't be happier. She already had plans for the rest of her life; live in a cottage at the Uzumaki household, play with her grandson and watch him grow, have fun, die. It was all planned out and the sooner she got this asshole into office, the sooner she could sit back, watch Konoha go to hell in a handbasket, and say 'I told you so'. Oh yes, she couldn't wait. This day would be a day to remember and not because of the new Hokage.

Jiraiya stood behind Tsunade with his arms folded, a scowl on his face. Today should have been Naruto's day, not the Uchiha's. It was taking all he had not to rip the smug little bastard's head off. 'Although he's only got one useful head left.' Thought Jiraiya with an evil grin on his face. He smiled at the memory of that onesided fight at Naruto's wedding. Ah, good times, good times. If his student's plan went off like he hoped, that traitorous Uchiha bastard would spend his entire Hokageship wallowing in misery and humiliation. Jiraiya had to admit; his student was a genius when it came to the embarrassment of another person.

Lee stood in the crowd by Neji and TenTen, literally bouncing in place. When TenTen had asked him what the hell he was so excited for he had simply told her she'd have to wait to see. Neji had turned and asked him if he was excited that Sasuke was now Hokage. Lee had stopped bouncing immediately and his face grew dark, a look that should never have been on Rock Lee's face.

"We all know that that is Naruto's rightful place Neji. The title of Hokage was to be his and his alone. If Naruto had become Hokage I would have been loyal to him till death. With our Hokage being who he is now, I am loyal to Konoha, not the Hokage. I may follow orders but I will never bow and I will never show respect to a man that lost mine years ago. I fight for the people of Konoha, but as far as I am concerned the council and our new Hokage can go straight to Hell. I washed my hands of this corrupt government a long time ago."

Neji and TenTen had stared with awe at this Lee. He seemed…to be a commanding prescence, like he demanded respect and he was not one to be trifled with. What they did not know was that by unlocking his spiritual power and becoming a summoner, Lee had seemingly grown up overnight. He was still hyperactive and goofy, but he could be serious the next moment. He had become even more Gai-like. He had turned back to stare up at the dais, uncaring how the ceremony went now, he just wanted to see Naruto's gift now.

The rest of the Rookie Nine all stood scowling at what awaited them. They were all certain that this would not bode well for Konoha in the future. An uncaring, abusive, unfriendly Hokage who only cared about power and what others could do for him? Oh yes absolute best choice. Let's not pick the more powerful, upbeat, friendly and personable, hyperactive idiot who had done more for this country in his short life than most do in their entire ninja career. Akamaru growled while he stood beside Kiba and Kiba petted his aging partner's head. He wasn't happy either. None of them were.

Kakashi stood behind his new Hokage with that same apathetic look that he always had. On the inside however, his mind was in constant turmoil. Had he helped creat a monster, one that threatened innocent children and his loved ones? Had he neglected his other students too much? Had he given everything he could teach to a man who would misuse it? Nothing hurts a teacher more than knowing that what skills they have taught are not used for the purpose they were taught for. The Chidori was to be used to kill in the name of Konoha and yet, for years, Sasuke had used it in the name of Orochimaru. Kakashi sighed heavily. When had things gone so far down hill? He had abandoned more comrades for what he was now deeming an unworthy cause. Surely Obito was turning in his grave.