[6]

'Ok, I can do this, I can do this…I can't do this.'

"Naruto stop fidgeting. Your tails keep hitting me and it's getting annoying. Look, all we gotta do is tell my parents and Iruka-sensei and Tsunade-sama that we're demons now and rulers of a vast kingdom. It'll be easy."

Naruto just stared at her like she'd grown another head. After much whining, he had finally fallen asleep last night only for reality to hit him like a sledgehammer to the nuts the next morning. He had found a mate and he couldn't be happier, but now he had to inform Tsunade that he wouldn't be around much after the coming year. He'd have to go to his new domain and make decisions and alliances, fight for his people, basically be responsible for everything. The mere thought hurt his head and he began to whine piteously again until Ino whacked him over the head with his notebook that she had been reading again. Seriously, who would have thought his mate would have been into naughty stories? The sound of the door flying open brought both of them out of their stupors and Ino quickly hid the offending notebook from Hikaru's eyes. The blonde and pink haired boy bounded across the floor and spring boarded onto the bed, landing in between his father and his new mother, snuggling their tails. The feeling of affection from the nuzzling of her tail brought out motherly instincts in Ino and she grabbed the boy and sat him on her lap, hugging him.

"Well good morning sunshine. How was your night?"

"It was good Miss Ino. I always sleep good when Genmaki is around."

"That's good. And what did I tell you about calling me Miss Ino? You can call me mom ok?"

"Ok…mom."

"There, that's better. Now then Naruto, we're going and that's final. We're doing it today because daddy doesn't have any missions and mom's not working the flower shop. Iruka can find a substitute and I'm pretty sure Tsunade will cancel any appointments she has to hear this."

"We're going to see grandma? Yay! I love visiting grandma, she always gets me snacks and presents. And she beats up daddy and they're always funny."

Ino cocked an eyebrow and looked at Naruto, who rubbed the back of his head sheepishly.

"Heh, she says I have no respect for authority and she wants her grandson to grow up respectful. I don't know what she's talking about though. I'm respectful right?"

Silence greeted him as all parties present (Genmaki had come in after Hikaru and sat at the end of the bed) just gave him incredulous looks.

"Right? Oh come on. I'm not that bad. And besides that, now I am authority."

"That doesn't mean you aren't disrespectful sweetie. In fact, I'd say that you deserve more punishment than Tsunade-sama gives you. She's pretty lenient with you, you know."

"Yeah, well…you've never been hit by her either…"

"Touché. But I don't think it hurts as bad as you say it does, you big baby. Tell you what, next time she hits you I'll kiss it better. How's that sound?"

Hikaru, of course, made an 'eeewww' noise at the notion of kissing that earned him a bonk on the top of his head from his mother. He pouted and crossed his arms, causing Ino to giggle and kiss the top of his head.

"Now, now Hikaru, don't be such a baby. It doesn't become you. Go get dressed, we're leaving soon."

As soon as the boy was out the door, Genmaki stepped forward for any orders. Naruto finally noticed him and gave him a small smile.

"Genmaki, I think it's time to retrieve the scroll. We've been dormant as a race for too long. It's time we joined the world of summons. And there are three people who will sign right off the bat."