[9]

A thoroughly wore out Naruto eased himself into the hot springs and his aching muscles groaned their thanks. Who knew that his wife would be such an insatiable vixen? Some muscles just weren't meant to be used that much at once.

'I can hear you thinking you know.'

Naruto slapped himself on the forehead and groaned out loud. He still couldn't get used to not having any private thoughts. His wife's ability to link their minds was a godsend in some cases and a torturous exercise on his patience in others. He looked wearily up at her as she slid into the spring beside him and snuggled up against his side. He threw an arm over her shoulder and sighed contentedly. He wouldn't have it any other way.

"You better damn well not want it any other way. I'm too good to you as it is."

"You know I think your brashness has become worse since you became a demon. I ought to wash your mouth out with soap. As your king I can put you in your place you know."

"And you know that as your queen you'll never see any action for as long as we live."

"Oh really? Who do you think could hold out longer? Me, who went for years without intimate contact? Or you who can't seem to get enough of me?"

"Is that a challenge dear? Because I thought you couldn't get enough of me."

"Perhaps its best we drop this before someone gets their feelings hurt."

"I don't think so bud. You started the ball rolling and I intend to mmpppfff…mppfff…mmmm…"

She never got to finish what she was saying because Naruto had pulled her into his lap and put his lips to good use; shutting up Ino before she got irate and things got out of hand. He didn't want an incident like the second night they were there and she wanted to keep their games going while he just couldn't go anymore. Seriously, his spirit was willing but the flesh was weak and spongy. He just couldn't go on. His exact words as he flopped on the bed were 'just go on without me. I think I'll just lie here and die.' Unfortunately for him she knew what buttons to push and he had to 'soldier on' so to speak. Through with quieting her, he released her and sat back while she leaned against his chest.

"Hey Naruto?"

"Hmmmm?"

"Why didn't you come out with us for over three years? Didn't anyone try to get you to come out? Or did everyone just stay away?"

"No. Shikamaru came by every now and then but with the way Temari keeps him busy I'm surprised he ever found the time. Hinata came by and brought supper over every now and then and told me how Kiba wanted to see me again but he stayed away knowing I needed my space. Neji and TenTen dropped by occasionally. You came by every now and then with Chouji. The one who really wouldn't let up was Lee. That guy just kept pestering me and pestering me until he finally got me to train with him in the back yard. I still wouldn't go out into public but Lee kept me company and probably kept me sane. Neither of us ever told anyone of our private spars but Hikaru got a kick out of Lee. It's probably why he's so bubbly all the time. Lee was a good influence on him. Whereas I brought a grounded influence to his life, Lee was always happy and carefree. I owe him a lot."

"Lee huh? He was always such a nice person. I wish he could find someone who would be good to him. If only he weren't so eccentric, he could find a good girl."

"Lee's not eccentric. Once you get him away from Gai, he's actually really down to earth. I might've imitated Gai too if he took as much interest in me as he did Lee. He taught Lee everything, from manners to improving his self-esteem. Gai might be annoying but if ever there were two people with hearts of gold, its Lee and Gai. If only Kakashi had been as good a sensei as Gai."