Chapter 4 - Demon John

Sam slept in his seat again, his mind twisting and turning as the new nightmare hit him like a ton of bricks. On a dirt path lay his father, covered in blood. A knife protruding from his chest. Meg stood behind him with a smile of satisfaction on her face, walking slowly towards Sam. Sam stepped back, only to jolt awake. Dean looked at him and slowed the car, not knowing what was wrong with him.

"Another nightmare?" he asked casually.

"Yeah but this one felt too real. Like dad is dead or something."

Dean looked at him, "You think it's a premonition?"

Sam shook his head, "I don't know." He said and shook his head.

Dean pulled the car over, a look of concern etched over his chiseled face. "Sam, what IS it? What did YOU see?"

Sam looked at his brother, his eyes quivering and said, "Dad's dead."

Dean blinked his eyes and looked out the window, "That can't be Sammy. He wouldn't get caught."

"Meg had him and she killed him."

"Bull."

"Dean, listen to me, Meg killed dad after we left. It's the only explanation."

Dean stared out the windshield, his hands tightly gripping the steering wheel. Sam didn't understand that his nightmares were warnings, not real. Dean had the real premonitions every night, but he held them deep inside him. No one could see that he was just like his brother, lost and afraid.

"Dad's fine Sam." He said and pulled away from the curb. It was time to seek Meg down again.

"I don't think so." Sam muttered and closed his eyes for the second time that day, falling into the darkness that gripped his sanity.

**********

Meg sat in the hotel room, John crumpled on the floor. It had been hours since she'd dragged his body into the room. Her mission was complete for John; soon he would awake and join her in the mission to convert Dean and Sam to the dark side. She smiled, soon Sam would be hers and all would be complete.

"Soon my love, my Sam, you'll be mine and we'll be together forever." She thought.

John stirred in his sleep, he was awakening and Meg didn't have time to wait all day.

"Come on John, wakey-wakey, we got work to do."

His eyes opened to reveal a pit of blackness and nothingness. Gone was his soul and humanity, left with an emptiness that would strike out at Dean and Sam for the last time.

"Time to go. Sam and Dean need to be brought to our side and you're going to help me to achieve this."

John's head nodded, he was no longer in control but that of the demon was. How were Sam and Dean going to react when they realized that their own father was a demon now, brought over to the dark side by a woman they vowed to kill?

They left the hotel room and ventured out into the darkness. The full moon was rising, a perfect time to kill those who were in Meg's way. "This time I will win." She said as she remembered how they nearly destroyed her the other night in the old abandoned warehouse. "I won't let them get to me this time round." She smirked and motioned for John to get into his truck and drive. She got into the passenger seat and sat there, contemplating on her next move.

**********

In the darkness of the night sat a young woman clad in black. She'd been watching the woman with the man she had later found out was her father. How was she going to save him when this beast had taken control? She shivered; the evils in her father's life had taken him away from her and her mother. And now she was seeking out the half-brothers that she'd never met.

"God, please let me get to my brothers before this demon hurts them." She prayed and moved from the darkness to her car.

She had to find Dean and Sam and the only way she was going to do that was by calling the number John had on his cell. It was her only chance in saving the family she had left.