Chapter 17 - Goodbye Sweet Misery

They were back in the car – the Winchester children – on their way to another town, another place. Alana was in the backseat, quietly contemplating on how to tell her brothers that her half sister was a demon. It was impossible to fathom, how could they ever trust her again if they knew the truth?

Oh god, she silently muttered, not knowing what to do. Part of her wanted to tell them, but the other part of her was scared shitless. She clamped her hands together, it was time they all met up with dad and ended this cat and mouse game once and for all.

"I know where dad's at." She said, waiting for a reaction.

"He's gone Alana." Sam pointed out.

She pulled out her cell phone and punched in a number, listening as it rang. It was answered by the one person that would change their fates forever. She handed the phone to Sam, nodding.

"Hello?" he said.

"Sammy?" the familiar voice said.

"Dad? Where are you?"

Dean looked at Sam in horror, "Dad's alive?"

Alana bit her lip, John would tell them the truth and they would hate her forever. Time was counting down until hell froze over.

She watched as Sam threw the phone over his shoulder, barely missing Alana in the face.

"I just heard some interesting things about our sister." He said angrily.

Dean pulled the Impala over into an empty parking lot and parked, looking at Sam than Alana, "What is it?"

"Seems there's more to her than we're aware of."

Alana bit her lip; the truth was finally coming to the surface.

"What do you mean Sam?"

"Meg's her sister."

Dean looked at him as if he was nuts. "But she's..."

Sam held up his hand, "Meg's father isn't ours. But Alana here made a pact with her sister to keep this under wraps."

"Why Alana?" Dean asked.

She sniffled back tears, "Meg told me that if I said a word she'd kill you both and leave me to suffer."

Dean shook his head, "Stop lying to us Alana."

She threw open the door and pushed herself out of the car. She did what she'd been told and as she turned to face the Winchester boys did they realize they've been captured?

"Sorry boys." She said in a voice that wasn't hers.

"Cheyenne?" Sam said.

"The one and only." She smirked.

"Where's Alana?" Dean yelled and got out of the car, ready to strangle her.

"She never existed, Dean. Meg and I created her to get to you two."

"Son of a bitch." Sam said.

Meg appeared from the darkness, an evil smile on her face. "And now I finally got my wish."

But before she could reach the boys, a bullet struck her and Cheyenne.

"NO!" they cried as John walked around the Impala, a shotgun in his hand.

"You'll never get to my boys, bitch." And fired one last time, destroying the evil that had taken over them.