Chapter 7 - Premonition

Alana drove throughout the night, watching every so often to her sleeping brothers. Life for her had been lonely. As an only child she had no one to look up to, no one to talk to yet when she was around them, she was happy. She shook her head. This was no time to be thinking of stuff like that. They had a demon to catch, her life, like always, would have to be put on hold.

"I wonder where dad can be." She whispered as the road became overly foggy and she swerved slightly and slowed.

The suddenness of the fog had her wondering, yet as she came around a sharp bend did she hit the brakes. Dean and Sam were awake then, ready to yell when they glanced out the windshield and saw what she did.

The bridge had been taken out and water was everywhere. The Impala was close to the water and Alana backed it away. She shook her head, first the fog had hidden the road but for a split second, but she had been able to stop. What in God's name was going on?

"Alana?" Dean asked from the passenger seat, "Where are we?"

"Huntsville." She replied.

"And what happened?"

"I was driving the route you told me to, it got foggy and I slowed down but then I saw the water and hit the brakes."

"Did you stop at the visitor's center like I asked?"

"Yes and they said the roads were completely fine. No rain in this area for days. And this just doesn't make sense. There is no bridge in this area. I checked."

"Then someone screwed up." Sam said.

Alana rolled her eyes as the fog overcame the Impala. When it lifted again the bridge and water were gone. "What the hell." She said.

"Something's messing with us."

"And I'm going to kill the bitch." Alana said, making both brothers look at her and grin. "Oh shut up the both of you."

Sam sat back in the backseat and closed his eyes; all of a sudden the anguish of another nightmare came crashing into him, this time it was about Alana. He bit his lip as the images rapidly passed him, silently locking him in and not letting go. He cried out in pain as both Alana and Dean jumped and turned to him.

"What's wrong?" she asked; her hazel eyes large and fearful.

"That's a nightmare Alana. That's how bad it gets."

She shook her head, this wasn't right. She took his hand and was swallowed into the nightmare as well.

Alana walked in the darkness towards Sam. His back was to her as she called out to him. The wind silenced her voice as she came closer and into view. By his bloodied feet was herself, tangled by a long silver blade. She gasped as Sam knelt down and pulled the knife from her body, wiping it clean with his torn shirt before turning towards her and walking right by her. She rushed to the body and glanced down, looking into the eyes of her own. She got to her feet and ran after Sam only to find herself in a very large warehouse. Her feet were bare and torn, yet she ran seeking out her brothers. Sam was on the ground, Dean pointing a gun at his head. Alana rushed to them, but they never heard her, Dean said she was dead. She cried the tears that threatened her eyes, begging Dean to stop, but as the gun fired, she closed her eyes.

Alana jumped as both she and Sam came to. Dean was looking at them oddly. "What happened?"

"You don't want to know." They said, looking at one another with fearful eyes.

"Come on, it can't be that bad."

Alana bit her lip and sat back down. The tears in her eyes falling down upon her pale face. "Dean, you don't hate Sam do you?"

"God no, why would you ask such a thing?"

"Because Dean, "Sam started, "In my nightmare you kill me."

"Why?"

Alana shook her head; she was sobbing now, the pain too deep in her heart. "Because I was dead."

"What?" he said bewildered.

"Sam plunged a knife into me and killed me, the next thing I knew I found you and Sam in a warehouse, you pointing a gun at him."

Dean sat in his seat; Alana had started the car and had pulled it off the road. No use getting hit in the middle of the night. "Maybe the shapeshifter isn't dead; it was him that was Sam and then me. Because Sam would never hurt Alana and I would never kill my brother."

"I nearly died at the asylum." Sam said quietly.

"You were possessed by that freak doctor. It wasn't you Sammy."

"What are we going to do?" Alana asked.

"Find Meg and kill her off then deal with whatever else is after us."

"Then let's go." She said, starting the car and pulling away, "Because one way or another, I'm gonna be there to kill that bitch." She said and the brothers were silent for the first time since Alana came into their lives.