Chapter 14 - A New Friend

The wind howled in the darkness, shaking the overgrown trees from their slumber. The young woman sat in the clearing, motioning for Alana to come forward. The woman had long, flowing black hair and bright hazel eyes, her physique was uncanny, that of a Druid goddess. Surrounding her were five white crystals and a cauldron, a goblet of blood in her hand.

"Alana, I'm here to help you." The woman said, slowly walking towards her, "I've tried to help Sam, but he pushes me away. If I don't help you soon, both of you will die."

"Why do you want to help us?"

"I'm connected to your family, to Sam and Dean. They knew me a long time ago. Please let me help you before anything else happens."

Alana shook her head, "How can I be sure you're not Meg?"

The woman stepped from the circle, slowly approaching her. Her hazel eyes held no evil and Alana relaxed.

"Who are you?"

"I'm Cheyenne Dallas. I knew your brothers when we were just kids."

The name sounded so familiar, where had she heard it? "You're from Lawrence then?"

"Actually here in Lintley. I felt your presence when you arrived. Just ask me to meet you and your brothers and I'll be there."

"What of my nightmares?"

"Sam had another because I kept it from hurting you. Soon I'll be able to help you control them."

"When and where will we meet then?"

Cheyenne nodded, "I'm sending you back now. When you awake you'll remember what I've said, soon you and I and your brothers will fight to end this."

"Why..." she asked and jolted awake.

She looked about the darkened room; Sam and Dean were both asleep. How would she explain her dream to them when she didn't believe it herself?

"Damnit." She muttered and laid back on the couch, it was only early morning and she had hours before her brothers would awake.

She closed her eyes and drifted to sleep into a dreamless world. Soon answers would be told and they would be safe.

**********

Cheyenne opened her eyes and peered out from the mirror, Alana was safe for now, questioning all that she'd told her. But it also amused her how quickly Alana trusted her; the girl had been but a babe since she last saw her.

"I just hope her brothers remember me." She whispered, looking out into the darkness of her confines.

She stepped from the mirror and crossed her bedroom, making her way to her computer. There she would research how to kill Meg and end her tasteless games.

"She'll soon be gone and out of the way and Sam will be safe yet again."

She opened her filing cabinet and pulled a black cloth out, wrapped inside was her Book of Shadows, full of spells to wipe out the evil that plagued her friends.

"Now my love, what are we going to do?" she asked as she opened the book, looking for the right spell.

"Ah! Strength Prayer. Thank you Angelica Luna!" she cheered.

She got up from her seat and kneeled at her altar, lighting her candles. "I send my blessings to you my beloved sister, I send my love and the love of the Goddess, Let my hand smooth your tired brow, Feel my spirit arms wrap around you and soothe your soul, I say a prayer for your strength, for your beauty and for the woman you are."

She closed her eyes and raised her hands, "Blessed be." And opened her eyes and sighed; "Now you are safe Alana. I'm bound to you."