Chapter 13 - The Two Deans, Mr. Sam

Alana slept throughout the week, her nightmare's getting more and more frightening and then one day, the newest one came to her, breaking all she ever knew.

**********

The snow covered the grounds of the old abandoned deLacey farmhouse in Lakeville, Ohio. The windows long had been taken out by vandalism as wind ripped through the remaining remnants of this beloved family home. Forty years passed since anyone had dared venture on this land, yet as two strangers drove up the long, overgrown driveway did life seem to rise up from its shadowy graves, welcoming the intrusion.

The trees within the center swayed towards the car, as if it had beckoned them to reach for the shiny metal. The wind howled throughout the bare limbs, as if whispering to the strangers to welcome them home. But for the two young men, the scenery was different. Here laid a life long past forgotten. Ten years ago seems like yesterday as they stepped from the car to peer up at the place.

"Why did we have to come back here?" Sam asked as he shivered from the cold.

"We have to make sure that whatever was here was killed that night. Haven't you heard the stories, read the papers? People are dying here again."

Sam shook his longish brown hair, unused to the idea of a vanquished demon returning. But as he stood there looking over the remnants of the house did he come to realize that they had messed up big time. Screwing up the plans evil had to offer.

Within the darkness of the basement stood the being that had vowed to hunt the ones that had tried to kill him. For years his flesh had taken on a new life, falling from the bones as he stepped into the light. What he once had been, was now a distant past as he drifted into the dusk of light to seek revenge.

The boys had never seen him coming as he lifted the tallest from his feet, slamming him to the ground with a harsh crash. His body paralyzed from the impact. It was the other that gaped at him in horror through his hazel eyes, lifting a rifle to his shoulder to shoot, only to be thrown onto the 1967 Impala.

After a grunt and a muttered curse did the man with hazel eyes get to his feet, the gun wavering near his feet. The demon smirked with satisfaction, realizing that they had come back at last to destroy him.

"What makes you think that the pair of you can kill me?" he asked, laughing at them.

"You kill for fun, we kill to make peace." the man said.

The demon laughed, his skin dripping like wax from a candle, shifting endlessly as he moved to the man lying on the ground.

"What happens when I take his life to avenge myself?" he asked, kneeling and about to touch the man's face.

"Leave him alone!" the other yelled, trying to push the thing away.

"You humans are such bores. First you try to kill me and now I can't have my revenge and you yell. What a shame." he hissed and took the man by the throat, watching as his legs dangled in the air. "I guess I'll take your life instead."

Dean tried to loosen the demon's grip, only to feel his flesh burn with anguish. The skin of the demon was slowly burning the flesh in which he inhabited. His eyes bulged in horror as the demon merged itself with him, becoming one. Dean struggled for the last time to free himself and in the end lost his battle to evil.

**********

This time Sam awoke from the endangering nightmare, his hazel eyes frantically trying to search out his brother. In the darkness he found him, sleeping peacefully in the bed next to his. The nightmare had been all too real, yet as he rubbed the sleep from his eyes he could feel the heat of the demon as it merged with his brother. Alana slept on the couch, unmoving from the position in which he'd left her hours ago.

"Dear god." he muttered as he flipped on the light, receiving a nasty look from his brother.

"What the hell Sammy? It's after midnight, turn off that light."

"I can't Dean; something bad is going to happen. We have to forget about the deLacey farmhouse and leave now."

"What the hell do you mean?"

"Let's just get out of here okay?"

Dean mumbled and rolled over, trying to put a pillow over his head, only to be shaken awake again by his brother.

"Tell me what you saw Sammy." he said in resignation and turned to face him.

Sam sighed, "I saw you killed by a demon that is at that farmhouse. He merged with you as if you were nothing."

"Another puzzle in your ever-ending imagination no less."

Sam gritted his teeth, what he saw felt too damn real to be a dream, less alone his own imagination!

"I want to leave now Dean. Something isn't right here."

Dean rolled his eyes, "We'll leave when I say we leave and that's final. Go to sleep Sam, you look like hell." and flipped off the light, sending them into darkness.

Sam laid back in bed and closed his eyes, Alana's fear bearing over him. She was scared and the other dimension in which had taken her, wouldn't let her free.

"I'll save you Alana, I will." He vowed and closed his eyes yet again, to find himself dreaming of her end.