chapter 5

As you, king, collector, luz, amity, hunter, willow and gus were lead to a book fair by eda and raine you eight looked around for something that seemed interesting, although the others were in the fiction section of the book fair you were looking at the history section, you wanted to find something that was about the passed in the demon realm especially if it could help you find out why people feared the archivists which includes you and the collector, you wanted to know what your parents and your siblings did to cause so many people to dislike you, as well as find something about phillip wittebane or well know as belos who is now dead.

You looked through quite a few books before deciding on four, two books about the archivists and their past as well as what their know for, a book about phillip and the emperor and a book about wild magic before belos destroyed it.

"That will be 1000 snails" the male witch says to you, you snap your fingers and your bag of snails falls into your hands as you hand it to the man and he checks to make sure you had the right amount.

"Pleasure doing business with you sir" he says handing you your books and you put them away in your bag, sure you'd probably read them when you get back to the stars but you still wanted to keep them on you in case you needed information.

You walk over to the fiction section to find the nerds looking for more books, hunter was reading a book about wolfs, gus was reading a book about illusion magic, willow was reading up on plant magic and king, luz, amity and enzo were reading a fantasy/adventure book about a boy who was a demi-god, you chuckle to yourself happy their all enjoying their time here.

"Hello" you hear from behind you which startled you quite a bit as you slowly look behind you to see amity's brother edric chuckling at how startled you got.

"Hi, aren't you amity's brother, where's your twin?" You ask to which he shrugs in response.

"You look interesting, are you the collectors brother or something?" He asks to which you nod in agreement.

"So why'd you pop up behind me to say hello?" You ask him genuinely curious as he taps his finger to his chin.

"You looked like the type of person to pull pranks so I thought why not ask" he says chuckling to himself which confused you a bit but you joined in the laughter.

"I've never actually pulled a prank on anyone before honestly" you say to him as he gains a mischievous grin on his face and wraps a arm around your shoulder.

"Wanna join me in on the fun?" He asks, which to that you agreed with a smile on your face.

"Hey Enzo, I'll be back later before we leave ok, I'mma go hangout with edric" you say as they turn around to look at you and nod with a big goofy grin on their face before going back to their book.

"Wait, I never took you for a book nerd why are you here edric?" You ask him as he seems to get flustered from the question.

"Oh emira wanted to hangout with her girlfriend, and her girlfriend wanted to go to the book fair to find books about beast keeping and healing magic, and because I didn't want to be left alone with my dad and his boyfriend I decided to join them, buuuut they ditched me" he says and takes a breath after spitting out that whole sentence.

"Wow that sounds like it sucked, don't worry though, I'll keep you company till I have to leave with the others" you say with a smile as you ruffle his hair an see a hint of blush on his face 'weird... But cute...' You thought before shaking that thought from your mind 'he's a mortal dumbass are you serious right now' you think to yourself.

"Anyway what kind of pranks do you wanna pull?" You ask him before he gains a big grin on his face and grabs you by the hand and drags you somewhere.

You both go to the non-fiction books to where edric giggled before doing illusion magic, he made a character out of one of the fiction books and it walked towards some random person reading a book to which had the hell scared out of them from the illusion.

You chuckle as you watch edric scare a few people and make a few books fall on people's heads, you followed along with the mischief and cast a spell on some girl flirting with a guy quite older than her, you turned her into a bird which scared the hell out of that guy and he ran screaming.

You and edric both laugh until you see a guard pop up behind you, "shit-" you say before grabbing edric's hand and dragging him away from the scene to somewhere to hide.

"That might have been my first prank but it was quite fun" you say laughing as you and edric hide behind a bush in the forest.

"Right? And that girl you turned into a bird, that was gold!" He says laughing with you with an arm around your shoulder to which you blush at.

"I never knew the boiling ilse could be so fun" you say to him as you ruffle his hair with a big smile on your face, to which he blushes at the contact.

"Have you never been to the boiling ilse before?" He asks curiously, you nod your head.

"Yes but only once, and it was before Enzo was trapped here hell, it was before they were born." You say to him.

"What'd you do the first time you were here?" He asks, you think trying to remember it.

"I think I was trying to learn more about Titan kind and witches" you say to him, his eyes go wide.

"Wait how old are you?" He asks genuinely to which you shake your head.

"Me and Enzo, we're trapped in our younger forms, we are old but we've been trapped in the form of children, we stay in the form we were in when we first learned about our powers" you say to him which shocked him.

"How old are you, like your form?" He asks scooting closer to you.

"16, Enzo is 8 and we've kinda just lived like this, our parents and other siblings never had what happened to us, happen to them, and although I'm the oldest and Enzo is the youngest it never really made sense ya know?" You say sadness in your voice.

"Was it supposed to happen, did your parents make it happen?" He asks to which you shrug in response.

"I don't know, probably. Me and Enzo weren't really the favorites in the family we were more of the annoying ones." You say to him before sighing.

"Oh, I'm sorry" he says wrapping a arm around your shoulder and pulling you closer to him for a side hug.

"Heh, it's not your fault it happened Ed, it's just what happens to kids born from the stars" you say trying to make him not feel bad.

"It's still sad though, but I guess I'm glad your not physically old, or it would be a weird friendship between us" he says chuckling.

"We're friends now?" You ask with hope in your voice.

"Yea, only if you want to be, I've had lots of fun hanging out with you" he says with a smile, you smile softly at this and pull him into a hug with your face buried in his neck.

"I'm glad were friends.." You say pulling away with a big smile on your face.

You both sat there staring at each other for what felt like hours before someone yelled for you.

"Y/n! It's time to go!" Enzo says to which you laugh and stand up walking over to them and waving goodbye to edric.

"Bye, I hope to see you again" you say with a smile as he waves back.

"Come on, stop flirting with people, we gotta get back to the owl house" Enzo says which made you blush and cover your face as you, eda, raine, king and the collector walk to the owl house.

King and Enzo were already ready for bed, cuddling up to each other on the couch, you smile before laying down on the other side of the couch.

"Are you sure you don't want to sleep in the guest room luz uses?" Eda asks.

"Yea, I'll be fine, plus she's using it right now and I don't want to take up space in there" you say, she nods and leaves to her room leaving you in a quiet living room to slowly doze off in.