chapter 9

"Anyway how about we get back to the game" you say with a nervous chuckle nervous about the conversation to come.

"Oh yea! Emira truth or dare" hunter asks, she thinks for a moment.

"Dare" she says with a big smile on her face.

"I know you'll hate this one, sit through one of y/n's math classes that he does for enzo" he says, you look at him confused 'I don't remember telling him about that'

"NOOOOOOO" she whines as she rolls on the floor.

"Wait a second, hunter I don't remember telling you about that, who told you?" You ask genuinely curious.

"Enzo, he said it's very fun. I guess that's why he told me." He says, everyone but hunter looks at you confused.

"Does that mean I can do it later or do I have to give everyone a math lesson" you question.

"Definitely now, but make it easy math so you don't fog her brain" he states with a chuckle.

"So like, 6th grade math?" You ask, he nods and so does luz, you sigh in defeat and he hands you a notebook and pen.

"Emira pay attention cause I want this to end quickly as well, I know you hate learning." You state not wanting to teach her because it will take hours.

"But.." She gives you puppy dog eyes trying to convince you other wise.

"No but's, sit your ass down over here and listen" you say in a monotone voice which shocked everyone.

She slumped over and scooted closer to you so she could see what you were writing and listened, so did everyone else.

"Ok, so I'm gonna do some simple equations and hopefully it won't fry your brain" you say while writing something down.

2/3×1/5

"Now you need to multiply 2×1 which equals 2,then multiply 3×5 which is 15, which would leave us with.." You stop for a moment waiting for her to answer but she doesn't so you just continue and write it down.

2/3×1/5=2/15

"I feel like you don't understand a thing I'm saying or doing, and this is 6th grade math.." You say annoyed luz nods due to her already knowing the answer.

"Ok.. Now here's another one" you say before writing down something else.

2/3×1/8

"You multiply 2×1 which again equals 2,then 3×8 which equals 24"

2/3×1/8=2/24

"But we need it to be smaller so we devide it by 2 which would be 2÷2 equals 1 and 24÷2 equals 12,which would give us."

2/3×1/8=2/24÷2=1/12

"Does that make sense?" You ask looking over at her, she nods a little unsure.

"It's ok if it's confusing, lots of people hate math because how confusing it is" you say to her and she sighs in relief.

"Anyway, is that all I had to do?" You ask, hunter nods and you hand him his notebook back.

"Yes! Let's get back to the game" emira says with a mischievous grin on her face as if she's plotting something.

Everyone goes back to their seats, edric sitting next to you.

"Luz truth or dare" emira asked as she waited for the answer.

"Truth?" She says in question.

"What were your first thoughts when you entered the demon realm?" She asked which made everyone else curious.