Chapter 6 - going back... or forwards?

*Time skip to the day before harry turns 11*

Merlin told the founders when they first got Harry that it wouldn't be forever, he would have to go back before he turned 11 years old. They needed to leave that evening so they could make it in time for his letter to arrive.

Merlin reminded the Founders earlier that week and Harry noticed a big change in their behaviour. They always had glossy eyes when he saw them and Rowena and Helga's eyes were often red and bloodshot.

Harry tried his best to cheer them up and after a while it worked. They were smiling a lot more and instead of sulking they created long lasting memories.

Harry wondered why they were so upset in the first place and today he found out why. Today he was going back to his time. He cried a little bit at first thinking he would never see them again until they all told him that their portraits would be kept in his favourite part of the castle.

The attic of the astronomy tower.

The only people to know of its existence are the Founders, Merlin and Harry. The 'door' to get in is actually of the roof and hidden by illusion from anyone who's magic is not tuned into the secret passage.

This lifted his mood knowing he will be able to talk to them whenever he wanted and agreed to go back with Merlin.

The founders had planned a little, early birthday party for him and they had all of Harry's favourite food including a massive treacle tart instead of a traditional birthday cake.

He also received a tonne of presents from them all including rare potion ingredients that you can no longer get in the future from Sal. A carnivorous plant that will only kill on Harry's command from Helga. An entire library the size of half of Hogwarts from Rowena that had to be shrunk down until he gets a custom trunk from his time. From Godric he got dueling robes from the most expensive shop around due to the fact they sew enchantments into the fabric for protection.

Lastly from Merlin he got a snake. But not any snake it was one of Sal's basilisk, Delta's, babies. It was a baby basilisk so it wasn't very large at the minute. The colouring of the snake was absolutely beautiful and Harry couldn't look away from the black snake whose scales shimmered crimson in the light.

Harry immediately began speaking to him once he finished admiring the scales.

He decided to name the little snake Ace.

Merlin tells Harry that it is time to go after they finished putting his presents in a bottomless bag along with everything else he owns, save 5 keepsake items. He hands each of the adults an object each (imagine whatever you want to each of them) and then returns beside Merlin, putting Ace around his neck.

They all said goodbye to Harry and watched as he and Merlin time traveled into the future. After he disappeared the two females sobbed uncontrollably while Ric and Sal left to hide their emotions.

A/N- I don't know whether to make Dudley nice or mean. Harry will be meeting them in the next chapter but I'm not sure if I want them to be close or not.